Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Solidly Familiar (Josh)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect

PostSubject: Solidly Familiar (Josh)   Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:51 am

After coming around, and finding herself on the floor of her dormitory, her room mates all looking down at her with a mix of confusion and terror, one was even nudging her leg with her foot. Her throat felt like she'd just swallowed a truck full of sharp gravel and sandpaper.

"Merlin's pants Grey! what the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Yeah we've seen you having nightmares before but nothing like that, you looked like you were trying to claw your own skin off."

Well she'd learned not to expect sympathy from these lot but the genuine looks of worry, she figured was for their own sake not hers. the bloody twits. She swiped her forehead as she tried to make sense of the intense pain she'd been in moments ago, the fear and panic was overwhelming, she hadn't been dreaming of that she was sure. "I need to go. Where's my robe?"  She stood up shakily and got a face full of school robe and her wand fell from the pocket into her hand. "Thanks." She snapped, glaring at the girls as she was half in half out of the rob and pelting it from the common room up through the dungeons and the stairs with no regard for the late hour or anyone else patrolling the halls. 

The tugging that usually felt like a tiny second thought in the back of her mind was now wrenching at her gut like an urgent scream. It had never felt anything like this before, and for once she was both glad and distraught that she had this odd ability, she'd have to tell Josh about it, if and when he was lucid, if he was hurt, like she suspected if the echos of it were anything to go by he was in a lot of pain. 

She barreled through the hospital wing doors, looking like she'd been dragged through a hedge backwards, forgetting propriety in her teddy bear pajamas, barefoot and wearing her robes inside out and wand tucked behind her ear. She scanned the beds for her fiance and spotted him immediately, she skidded to a halt at his side and wasn't sure she could quite believe what she was seeing. For a moment a seething bubble of broiling rage was rising in her throat like bile but she swallowed it back down. No now was not the time to be angry. 

She watched the healer working on removing the singed clothing from him and winced seeing some of it being removed from the worst of the burns. She wanted to help but she had no clue what she could do, so she hovered nearby and watched, staying out of the way as much as possible and when she had an opening found Josh's hand and held it close to her chest, frowning at his face. "What on earth happened to you?" She murmured softly, fighting back tears, she'd go vent out her anger later, but right now she was staying here.

Republic City Threads of Fate:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Solidly Familiar (Josh)   Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Everything had gone black, and nothing in the world mattered. Josh was quite sure that this was the funny end that Muggles spoke of. Though to be quite honest he wasn't even sure he was thinking now, or whether he was being narrated. Everything hurt, breathing hurt, or was that just some weird rhythm that was being played in the background?

Everything was so weird.

There had been a strange noise in the distance, something that resembled talking but Josh couldn't be sure. There was no certainty in anything except Josh vaguely remembered that you were supposed to see things. Muggles said anyway. They were so wrong, there was just nothingness.

Movement made everything feel worse. So much worse, though the Slytherin knew it wasn't him that was making the movements. He was content on being still and letting the black engulf him. But the noises of people were keeping him from letting go. Even if nothing was coherent enough for him to understand, Josh held on to the fact at some point he would understand.

Slowly, everything swam away and the black consumed him once more. Peace filtered through everything, but no happiness came in that peace.

Lights changed. Voices became more urgent. But Josh lead motionless, his limbs free to movement as he stayed down in the blur of pain that had come from... he didn't even know. Everything was simply swimming and he felt... sick. Somewhere close to him was a loud ringing of a word that didn't register. The taste of something disgusting made itself known, though Josh didn't know what had happened. Movement that felt tender pushed his mouth open, fishing out the bad taste, and once again Josh was gone.

Nothing registered further until a limb, one that Josh couldn't decipher, was lifted from the soft surface he was on. He didn't remember softness... But more softness came, not that Josh was able to register it's location. He was being held. Was that right? No, it couldn't be, no one had held him in his memories. It...

"What on earth happened to you?"

The voice... so familiar and yet so different. The Slytherin tried to process in his swimming thoughts, but nothing made sense. "F-ire." The boy whispered through cracked lips. Whether he would be heard he didn't know. It didn't matter either really, this swimming black state was alluring, if not slightly scary in the not knowing.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect

PostSubject: Re: Solidly Familiar (Josh)   Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:18 pm

Watching potions being poured down Josh's throat was more than a little unsettling, then having the residue evanesco'd from his mouth. This wasn't right, Josh did not look like this. She was pulled out of her thoughts by a word, so quiet she barely thought she'd heard it. She watched Josh's mouth try to move and frowned. "Fire? Where? Who caused this?" She asked him, ignoring the odd looks from the healer. 

Her hand found his cheek, keeping her touch as light as possible, not knowing the extent of the damage and not wanting to cause any more. "Josh, come back please." If it was difficult to stop herself crying before it was a notch below impossible now. Her throat felt tight and her eyes stung from the effort of holding back.

She ignored all attempts to be pulled from the bed and threatened to curse the healer if he didn't leave her alone. Well not verbally but pointing her wand at his face gave him a hint. She put it on the side table and continued to keep Josh's hand in her own while the other, lightly combing them through his hair.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Solidly Familiar (Josh)   Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:09 am

"Fire? Where? Who caused this?"

The sounds in his periphery were blurred, and Josh shook his head once. A feeble movement from the boy who always carried himself with so much power. The meaning could be whatever the voice figured it to be, but Josh couldn't manage anymore. It was blurry. Fire had come from no where and then...

"Josh, come back please."

Compassion. Yes, that was what it was. Compassion trying to pull him to his senses. The sound of care so carefully flickered in the voice that he couldn't place in the weird darkness. It scared Josh, that sound. Scared him so much that if he hadn't been a better man he'd likely be panicking by now.

It was probably an hour later that Josh's eyes finally opened. No more than mere slits to begin with as he tried to open his eyes. Everything seemed weird, too bright, too painful. It took a few moments of blinking until Josh could see where he was. Or rather... the ceiling of where he was. It was no four poster bed canopy that Josh was looking at, and the light was not the dungeons. His hand was somewhere soft, though, and turning his head very slowly his eyes fell on the witch beside him.

Only for a frown to touch his features. "You're showing weakness, Grey." Josh managed through a very dry mouth. A hint of a smirk touched his lips, just the moment before he tried to move. Mistake. The boy winced in pain, incapable of moving at all. His eyes watered momentarily, making Josh bite back on his words of a vulgar nature. Instead the Slytherin glared at the point just beyond Louise's right shoulder, trying to piece together what had happened.

But in all honesty, he couldn't and Josh felt resoundingly lost to not know what had happened to the final detail. It was wrong on so many levels.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect

PostSubject: Re: Solidly Familiar (Josh)   Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:39 pm

a flicker of fear sparked out of nowhere but Louise ignored it, she wasn't sure if it was her own, scared that Josh may not recover from this, or if Josh was afraid, the latter seemed less likely. She watched the minute shaking of his head and sighed gently and said no more. She stayed seated on the edge of the bed holding his hand for quite some time, and would move for no one. 

She wasn't sure how much time had passed but she felt movement before she saw it and wanted to faint with relief, not that she would. 

"You're showing weakness, Grey."

She let out a short gusty laugh, not wanting to make too much noise she just smiled while her shoulders shook. "You're hardly one to talk right now. No one else is here right now anyway right now." She winced right along with him when he tried to move and lent forward a bit to pick up the glass of water. "Here try and take small sips." She moved her hand out of his to gently cradle the back of his head and held the cup for him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Solidly Familiar (Josh)   Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:33 pm

"You're hardly one to talk right now. No one else is here right now anyway right now."

Josh's glare moved to Louise with those words. He wasn't weak, he'd never been weak. He was simply... looking down Josh noted his torso covered in bandages, his face turning in to a frown. "Not weak." Josh muttered, still trying to find his voice properly, though to little use.

As the younger Slytherin helped him with the glass of water, it was quite clear that even with his denial it was clear that he was wrong. The Slytherin prefect managed a few sips before pulling away, settling back in to his pillows. "How long have I been here?" Josh asked, lifting his hand to his torso and trying to pull the bandages away so he could see.

The Hospital Wing was for weak people and he could not be here. Josh gave up when the bandages wouldn't move, grimacing as he poked the damage without meaning to, aggravating the burns beneath. He had a certain person to find. Again the Slytherin tried to sit himself up, but it was no good, everything screamed.

"Where is my wand, Grey? I'll fix it myself." Josh asked the witch, quite clearly wanting nothing more than to leave. "I have things to be doing." He added. The grimace only grew with the more he spoke, his lungs working harder aggravating his chest, and each movement not helping. This situation was too much, and the boy wanted out.

Now.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect

PostSubject: Re: Solidly Familiar (Josh)   Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:48 pm

Louise rolled her eyes at him and put her hand on his uninjured shoulder to keep him from moving too much, seeing it was still clearly hurting. "A few hours by my last count..I think it's past midnight." She offered, not really knowing the time, but it had felt like hours. "I've put your wand somewhere safe, you are in no condition to be using magic at the moment, and really you should still be sleeping, you'll heal quicker." She scolded lightly. 

She settled herself a bit more comfortable on the bed, not intending on leaving till Josh was somewhat better and able to move on his own again. "I'll be right here if you need anything, oh and I will be binding you to the bed if you try anything just so you know, but I would rather not." she smiled, knowing she was pushing her luck but well she had to have a one up at some point.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Solidly Familiar (Josh)   Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:36 pm

Hours? Josh let out a soft groan at that information, and the witch was only riling him up by telling him what he could and couldn't do. He's was a Murray for Merlin's sake he could do what he damn well wanted! "What are you even doing here, Grey?" Josh asked, realising the time, she shouldn't be here, it was after curfew. "You'll lose Slytherin house points." He muttered.

The threat on binding him to the bed made Josh glare at the witch in reply. Instead he took his hand away from the witch, putting it down on the bed. This was stupid, he was fine. Just simple little burns and a few cuts and bruises. Not being able to roll over, Josh did all he could and glared at the ceiling like a petulant chid. He was not happy, and he was going to make sure everyone knew it.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect

PostSubject: Re: Solidly Familiar (Josh)   Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:52 pm

Well at least some things didn't change, Louise didn't bother to react to his snark and waited a moment before answering the questions. "The hospital wing isn't of limits after curfew, besides the healer knows I'm here I can always get a note from him if need be." Which was true she could get a note in the morning. 

She let him move his hand but didn't do much else other than sitting beside him. "You frightened the hell out of me you know?" She addressed the bedside table, not really wanting to see how he reacted to what she had to say. "I could feel it, some of it anyway, nowhere near as bad as you did...Burning and then panic, fright. Then you were being moved and I think I knocked over about seven suits of armor on the way here to find you." She explained, not sure how to word what it was she felt. 

"It's how i managed to avoid you after you annoyed me, or how I manage to find you when you think you're on your own. I'm not sure why but I think whatever it is it getting stronger. I've never felt you in pain before but then again I don't think you've ever really gotten hurt this bad before either." She paused here to glance at him, wondering if he was still listening. "Then when you were being healed I wouldn't leave, I stayed as close as I could. I'm not sure if it helped or not. I hope it did at least even if it's not much. You spoke, or tried to a little bit when I held your hand but I think you were still out of it then. Do you remember what happened? Who hurt you?" 

She reached for his hand again but pulled back at the last second, leaving it on the bed next to his. She couldn't imagine anyone with enough balls to attack Josh and if she found out who it was, she bristled at the thought but calmed herself, getting angry right now wouldn't help, she'd get angry when she found whoever did it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Solidly Familiar (Josh)   Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:12 pm

"The hospital wing isn't of limits after curfew, besides the healer knows I'm here I can always get a note from him if need be."

Josh probably should have known that, but he was groggy, and he wanted to get out of here. He was quite sure that he wasn't going to get his wish though. It was better to just sit and wait it out now, tantrums weren't going to get him where he wanted to be.

"You frightened the hell out of me you know?"

Josh's brow furrowed at those words. He didn't even know how the girl had come to be here. Nor did she know what had happened, so how could she possibly have been frightened? Josh shook his head slightly, such ideas were not something he could understand, but if she believed she felt that, Josh would allow her that much. But when she spoke of being able to feel his pain, Josh's eyes moved to the witch, curious more than anything.

The glance from Louise made Josh simply nod at the witch to continue. He was in thought, closing his eyes to take it all in. "I don't know if that's possible, Grey." Josh replied when she paused. There was the idiotic ideas in books that when you... But no, Louise couldn't possibly manage such things, and it was such an incomprehensible idea that this would be down to that that Josh couldn't speak of it.

"Do you remember what happened? Who hurt you?"

"No, Grey." Josh replied, it was a lie, he knew what had happened up to the fireball that had appeared from no where. "It must have been a mistiming on my behalf, or something." Josh added, even though for Josh such things were impossible.

Josh could sense the witch move towards him, pause and then put her hand down next to his. "Why do you rely on touching so much, Grey?" Josh asked, opening his eyes and raising his eyebrow at the witch. It was her that had been pushing through the blackness with her comfort. Pushing something on him that...

No, he wouldn't think about that.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect

PostSubject: Re: Solidly Familiar (Josh)   Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:21 pm

She didn't believe him but she left it alone for now,it would be cruel to push to hard while he was like this. His next question caught her off guard. "What?" She rolled the words over in her head again to make sure she understood it. "Oh uh..I'm not sure, I think it's how I'm used to doing thins, or seeing things done this way. Mum used to touch me or hold me when I hurt myself or I was upset. I think it's just something I find familiar and comforting. Sorry if it's not the same for you, I'll try not to do it so much if it really does bother you." She offered, though weather she could keep that promise she was unsure. "I think most muggles think of it as a reassuring of bonds or to show support." Well that wouldn't convince him, she thought. Perhaps she ought to stop bringing up muggles in conversation. 

Looking over at him again she smiled seeing him watching her. "If you go to sleep now I'll get you a hamper of treats for when you wake up, but you need to promise you'll sleep and do what the healer tells you, otherwise you might not heal properly..oh and I'll send an owl to your mother I'm not sure if the healer has already done that, but I think it's something that ought to be done."

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Solidly Familiar (Josh)   Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:50 pm

The explanation given by his fiancé had Josh eyeing her hand curiously. The whole idea was alien to the older Slytherin, but the witch before him was consistent in her mannerism of trying to do these things with him. Tess hadn't been like that, but she was like him, she understood the dos and don'ts. "It's odd." Josh muttered, more to himself than anything else. Though, slowly, Josh moved his hand to touch the witch's, still watching Louise's hand.

Gently, so very gently Josh's fingers touched Louise's, but almost as quickly as it began, Josh's hand moved away. He'd tried, but it was difficult for him, and it all felt so alien.

The comment on his mother, however, made Josh very alert and he shook his head. "Don't you dare contact her." Josh told her in a hiss. He did not need his mother here, and Louise had pushed the boundaries more than he was comfortable with. With that, the Murray heir went quiet, not giving the witch any more of his time.
Back to top Go down
Louise Grey
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect

PostSubject: Re: Solidly Familiar (Josh)   Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:08 am

Perhaps i was odd for Josh, she wished she could show him it wasn't all that bad but he walled up at her attempts of contact. So it was to be expected that she jumped internally at the contact on her hand, she watched Josh's face but as usual it didn't really betray anything. Perhaps she imagined that? No maybe not, it was a hopeful sign. However the sudden order to not contact his mother trampled that thought into the dirt. This was going to be a dizzying progress. She sighed and said nothing, she was intending to write to Lady Eleanor anyway, so Josh could suck it up and throw a tantrum if he wanted, when he was better. 

She stayed quiet but still refused to move, when she thought enough time had passed for him to have fallen asleep she took his hand again, being as gentle as she could manage and stayed awake to keep an eye on him, and to keep herself occupied was mentally designing a get well basket for him to put together in the morning.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solidly Familiar (Josh)   

Back to top Go down

Solidly Familiar (Josh)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1