Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

An unwilling favour.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect

PostSubject: An unwilling favour.   Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:00 am

Thana came back from her appointment at the ministry with a riddle in her head she couldn't figure out. She needed someone who could help her. From what she had gotten from the riddle she needed to speak to a pureblood.

There was only one that Thana could think of that might be able to help her. The one person she would hate asking. Josh Murray. She went down to the quidditch pitch, hoping to catch him and ask him a few questions.

Thanks Jules for the sig!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: An unwilling favour.   Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:20 am

The training session for Slytherin started at five, but Josh was always down at the pitch at least an hour before. The rest of his team didn't push themselves nearly enough and still seemed to be out of energy from the light sessions he gave them. The Quidditch Captain always worked harder, for the simple reason that he could, pain in your own body could only be mastered if you pushed the limits, broke it down so there was no longer a limit.

Precisely what Josh had been doing for years.

The Captain had finished his first set of warm up activities, only breaking in to a light sweat when he felt the presence of someone else in his personal space. Turning from the end of the pitch he'd been running to, Josh noted the figure of a Ravenclaw and instantly turned back towards the witch. This was Slytherin time, and the witch was not welcome.

"Ravenclaw trains tomorrow." Josh growled at the witch as he moved towards her. He'd never had time for people who didn't comply with his rules, and this witch was doing just that. "Come back at your allotted time." The Slytherin added, moving past the witch to the Slytherin training box, he had no qualms in setting the Bludgers off if she didn't go. But, he'd never give the witch due warning of such things.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect

PostSubject: Re: An unwilling favour.   Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:32 am

Ravenclaw trains tomorrow Thana heard Josh Murray say when he spotted her.

Thana approached, simply waving her hand in annoyance at the statement. she was team captain, she did know when her own bloody team trained. It was her job to

" I am aware of that, and despite the fact the I don't actually care about who gets injuries from not training,  I came here to speak to you.

However,  if pain is required I do have all day. " Thana replied, noticing him walk over to he Slytherin training chest, she doubted that Josh would hesitate to hurt anyone really.

She hadn't ever properly spoken to Josh before, but now she needed his help. Something she wasn't looking forward to.

Last edited by Thana Semele on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: An unwilling favour.   Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:12 am

Josh listened as the witch said she needed to talk and turned back to her, raising his eyebrow at her words. What could he possibly have to talk about with this witch? Likely nothing, but the boy waited. No explanation of what she wanted came, only an invite to hurt her. Not that Josh was interested in such things, willing participants were never as fun, in his experience.

"What is it you want?" Josh asked, no hint of politeness in his tone. The sooner they got this over and done with the better. Thana was wasting his time, and he only had so much patience.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect

PostSubject: Re: An unwilling favour.   Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:35 am

What is it you want?" Josh asked, with no politeness in his voice.

"I need your help, you are the only Pureblood with enough knowledge who might be able to help me" Thana replied. She didn't want to take up too much of his time, she doubted he would allow it anyway. "I was given a riddle, and no I am not kidding. It may seem pointless but it is very important to me to solve it" she explained to him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: An unwilling favour.   Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:01 pm

Josh listened to the predicament the witch was in, deciding quite clearly that this witch didn't really have a clue about anything. There were lots of Purebloods in the castle, many apt at giving help, so why the witch believed for a second that he was the Pureblood who was going to help her was beyond Josh.

"I was given a riddle, and no I am not kidding. It may seem pointless but it is very important to me to solve it"

"So go to the library! Or go and ask your little Ravenclaw friends." Josh replied to the witch, showing that he had absolutely no interest in helping her. What did she think he was going to do? Solve her problems for her? Merlin this witch wasn't as clever as her house made her out to be.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect

PostSubject: Re: An unwilling favour.   Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:46 pm

Thana listened as Josh told her to go to the library or her other Ravenclaws, god why was he so difficult? If there were any other options she would of taken them! He was literally her last resort..

" Don't worry I did, the library was no help, nor were my fellow house. Josh , I am asking you because you are my last option. If there was anyone else I would of asked them, believe me." Thana replied to Josh.

" The riddle talks about old blood crimes, and literally says I need to speak to a pureblood." She explained to him, hoping he would listen.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: An unwilling favour.   Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:46 pm

As the witch tried to make him feel special, or something, Josh paid little attention. Merlin this witch knew how to waste his time. Could she not just get to the point already? Did it not look like he had things to do? Perhaps this was why the Ravenclaw were so poor, the witch didn't actually get the work done, just stepped around the subject for as long as possible.

"The riddle talks about old blood crimes, and literally says I need to speak to a pureblood."

"We're finally getting somewhere!" Josh replied to that piece of information, sarcasm oozing out of his tone. "So, where is the riddle?" Josh asked, prompting her to hopefully hurry up so that this could be over with.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect

PostSubject: Re: An unwilling favour.   Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:10 pm

Finally Josh seemed to be cooperating , Thana sighed inside herself. She knew Josh didn't care about anything really, but she didn't know he could be so difficult.

Finally he seemed to take a sma interest, Thana quickly gathered her words for the riddle .

Of a different age, of a different time.
The first one to hear the beginning bells chime,
Things of Blood and of a worthless dime,
The new ones shall wipe out the old blood crime.

To find the answer you do seek,
Unto the pure you must speak,
Red Blood and Valeryian Peak.
she recited, hoping Josh would be able to figure some of it out

. " I already checked the library for the last line.. Nothing, nothing at all. " she told him. There were no references, no indentations no clues. Literally nothing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: An unwilling favour.   Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:20 pm

With the witch telling him the riddle, Josh listened, though not intently. There wasn't much need when the riddle was so glaringly obvious. Merlin this witch was supposed to be a Ravenclaw? She'd have been better off shoved in to Hufflepuff with the rest of the useless beings that belonged there.

"You really need my help on that?" Josh asked incredulously, shaking his head as he sat on the Quidditch box. "It's talking about old blood, pure blood, to be more specific. Of a house full of heinous crimes which can be written off by the latest generations." Josh translated for the witch.

"You have to speak to a Pureblood, that's why you're hear, so perhaps you managed to work that bit out. "But Red Blood, that's really quite obvious. You weren't looking in the right place. The Shadowbanes. An old family, they're all dead though, so following up on it is quite pointless." Josh finished matter-of-factly. Now, hopefully she would go away and waste the librarians time asking dumb questions on people who were no longer alive.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect

PostSubject: Re: An unwilling favour.   Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Despite Josh's comments, he did give her something to go on. " ShadowBanes" she thought to herself.
"
Thankyou Josh, I am sorry I took up some of your time. I know it may seem dismal to you, but I owe you a favour. " She told Josh, she might not like it. But he had helped her, it wasnt because she was pathetic or anything. She just always paid her dues,

" I won't take up anymore if your time. Whenever you want that favour let me know" Thana told Josh, walking away and leaving him to his business.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An unwilling favour.   

Back to top Go down

An unwilling favour.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts, A Future :: Game 5 :: Hogwarts & UK-
Jump to: