Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) Empty
PostSubject: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:57 pm

There was a loud crack as a witch clutching a small clutch (undetectable engorgement charm inside) appeared, standing in front of the stadium. She had smooth waves of hair and wore a red blousewith golden buttons over black pants. Her wand in her pant pocket she took a deep breath. It was an hour before the game and she was supposed to meet Jake there. 
Marilyn had done a little research on his team to at least show support in the color of her shirt. A quick spell had smoothed out her hair. The witch had attempted to get over herself, telling herself that just because she thought she looked terrifying that didn't mean she always had to look fresh from battle.
But her intrinsic wariness had prevented her from wearing anything but flats and had led her to make sure of the practicality of her attire.
The witch was nervous and it showed a little. This would be the largest crowd she'd faced since escaping. She hadn't been around so many people in over a year. In a crowd like that...things could happen so easily. It was so easy to disappear. To be taken.
But she had promised to come and try and she really did want to support her friend. 
So she would.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 2:22 pm

After agreeing with Mari that they would meet for his game, Jake had arranged not only the VIP area for the witch, but made sure the barman knew that anything the witch wanted was to be put on his tab and come out of his wages at the end of the month. Not that it would even begin to make a dent in his salary, but Mari didn't need to know that.

At the arranged time of meeting the witch, Jake quickly slipped out. He didn't have long, what with the need for a warm up, but he would have time to show her to her seat before he was needed. Though, he'd likely get his ass kicked by his coach if he was too long.

Heading out to the front of the stadium, Jake sent a wave to the witch as he moved closer. "Hey Mari!" He said to the witch as he moved closer, carefully putting his arm around the witch in a small hug. "How are you?" He asked, prompting her to follow him in to the stadium. "I know trans-Atlantic apparation can be tough, to say the least!"
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Marilyn hugged her friend back lightly, "I'm fine, just a little tired, I'll be fine in a few minutes." The witch followed him and tilted her head questioningly, "Aren't you supposed to be on a broom right now?" she inquired, her eyes scanning the area theory walked past almost like a reflex. Exits marking themselves in her minds eye.
just in case. A little paranoia never hurt anybody. The witch was just going to accept that that part of her would never change. Luckily for her it was a good habit for an Auror to have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 4:24 am

"Good!" Jake replied to her being okay, apparating was tiring, but it would wear off eventually, or so Jake hoped. When the witch asked if he was supposed to be on a broom, Jake let out a soft chuckle. "Supposed to be warming up, but I thought I'd better make sure you got to where you needed to be first." Jake offered in reply. It wouldn't have been right to send one of the staff to see Mari, no, Mari would be much more comfortable with him than anyone else.

Or so Jake believed.

Opening up a door to a flight of stairs, Jake let the witch through first, following just behind her. "It's just at the top of these stairs anyway, so I won't be much behind. Coach might be a bit annoyed, but nothing I can't deal with." Jake explained to the witch as they climbed the stairs together.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 10:59 am

The witch nodded and smiled slightly, walking up the stairs to the VIP Box, Jake close behind, "Thank you. Are you guys going to be warming up there already?" she pointed to the field she could see from the box wherethe game would commence.
"Well I'll be rooting for you, I'll be fine here, you should get back to your teammates before they miss you too much." she squeezed his arm fin thanks, still more comfortable with that than a hug. "Go get 'em, Newbury."
Marilyn would be fine where she was, she could watch them warm up and since they still had about an hour before the game she could jot down some notes from mmemory on her last stealth lesson until it started. And she had her wand at the ready.
Just in case, she told herself, trying to convince herself she wouldn't need it, not really, but just in case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 11:21 am

"Thank you. Are you guys going to be warming up there already?"

As the witch motioned to the pitch, Jake nodded to show she was correct. "I'll be a little speck down there in a minute. But you'll see better with these." Jake explained, picking up a pair of omnioculars from the stand and passing them to the witch. "They pause time and do replays for you." Jake explained with a grin. It was quite cool, to be honest, especially with how quick the whole game went.

When he was told to get going, Jake nodded. "I'll be back as soon as the game finishes." Jake promised, giving the witch a reassuring smile before turning and heading down the stairs in a light jog. He was excited, to say the least, for today's game, silly really that one person made the difference in a crowd of thousands.

The afternoon's game had been a mighty success, not that Jake would have expected much more. The Meteorites had smashed the game, winning 630 - 90. The game hadn't been short of injuries, however, Jake amongst many of the casualties after a Bludger caught him on the side of the head, and scratching across his face. A superficial injury that would heal with time, but mighty sore nonetheless.

Both the captain, Samar, and himself had bagged more than ten goals a piece with a huge array of different moves that they'd been practicing all week. The usual Quidditch tricks, and then some more fancy moves that the team had made up together. In regards to the rest of the league, well, they were untouchable with their interchanging plays, but Jake was just glad that the game had been played with much spirit for Mari to see.

It was roughly half an hour after the game when Jake emerged in the VIP lounge. Showered and suited in the Meteorite attire, the Quidditch star moved over to the witch, beaming despite the clear cuts and scratches on his left cheek. "So," Jake asked, sitting down on the sofa beside the witch, looking for approval. "What did you think?" Jake asked.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 11:55 am

Watching the game through the omnioculars was certainly an experience. The Auror in trining quickly figured out how to work it and watched all the moves and the way the players flew with impressive skill. She had no idea how flying was so she could only imagine those moves were quite difficult. Marilyn, not wanting to attract attention, had gone against her policy and cast a glamour on her voice for the duration of the game, so she could cheer for jake and his team whenever they scored. The moment it was over after she'd cheered their win she had removed it and hadn't made a sound since.
Mari had really actually enjoyed watching, since she didn't really have to worry about crowds in the VIP box and it was definitly better than quidditch matches in salem had been, due to the more gifted players. And it was very nice to see Jake doing something he so obviously enjoyed. Though she had frowned along with the moaning crowd when jake was injured, though thankfully not severely.

When he came in to sit next to her she pulled her legs up crisscross and moved to face him, hands in her lap holding her wand and her lips pursed slightly, "First let me take care of that, okay? Hold still." she cupped his chin in one hand and turned his face slightly, raising her wand with the other, "Vulnera sanentur" the spell cleaned and sealed the cuts with no trouble at all, "There you go," she let him go and put her wand in her pocket. "I had a lot of fun." she admitted, "I really did, and if I knew more I'd give you intelligent commentary on what moves I liked best and all, but you'll have to settle for me saying I really did have fun, thanks for having me along, Jake. You were great, you all were and congratulations on your win, speaking of which, where's your team?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 12:19 pm

"First let me take care of that, okay? Hold still."

There wasn't much room for argument with Mari, not that Jake had ever believed there ever would be. But before he could brush the scratches off as being nothing, the witch had taken hold of his face and lifted her wand. The boy flinched as the spell took over healing, the way it knit the skin back in to place was like a tickling sensation, and the boy had to take a moment to get used to it. Once done, Jake smiled. "Looking handsome as ever?" He teased softly, lifting a hand up to his left cheek and brushing the smooth skin. "Thank you."

At the mention of intelligent commentary, Jake let out a chuckle. "It's quite alright, that's what Mike is for!" He explained, motioning to the commentary box on the opposite side of the pitch. "You remember Mike, right? In our house, my year?" Jake asked the witch beside him. It would be quite hard to forget Mike, he'd always been around when Jake was, much like Catherine never seemed to be far behind either.

"You were great, you all were and congratulations on your win, speaking of which, where's your team?"

"Right behind him, of course!" Samar answered from Jake as he entered the bar. "Can't keep us lot away from beautiful women!" He joked, raising his eyebrow at Jake in a questioning manner who simply shook his head at the captain.

"Mari, this is Samar, Samar this is Mari." Jake introduced the two, and then motioning to the boy just behind, Jake added. "And this is Callum, the three of us are Chasers together." Jake explained, smiling at the witch. The rest would probably be up later, but these two were the two guys Jake got on with the most.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 12:44 pm

In a complete deadpan the witch replied, "Maybe that bludger hit your head harder than I thought." smiling soon after the tease. At the mention of Mike Marilyn bit her lip in thought, "Mike...he seemed familiar, I must've seen him in the common room. It's a little foggy." In truth? The witch didn't like to remember that time. She didn't like to think about that life. Because it was gone. Someone elses. Definitly not avaliable to her.

"Can't keep us lot away from beautiful women!"

Marilyn froze ever so slightly when they entered, so that one could only see her tension if one knew her well, and subconsciously let her hair fall into the left side of her face a bit. Fingertips smoothing out her blouse as if she check if most of the damage was really hidden. But her recovery was smooth, a stark contrast to her voice,
"Now I'm not sure about beautiful, I mean, Jake's 'pretty' at best..." she smirked, joking back, nudging Jake good naturely in the side. Well he had started with his 'handsome' comment, might as well run with the gag.
 Well, that went well. Thank Merlin. The witch slyly let out the breath she'd not noticed she'd been holding. These were Jakes friends. He trusted them. So she should just relax.
But Mari was Mari, with all her experiences, and this was semi-new territory for her. However she figured, fake it 'til you make it. So she may be a little tense, but they did seem nice so far, and there hadn't been any intense staring in the first two minutes, so... so far so good. Right? Right.
She had however noticed the nonverbal exchange between Samar and Jake but kept her confusion hidden. What on earth was that all about?

"Pleasure to meet you both. Great game." the witch said with a faint smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 1:44 pm

Jake let out a soft chuckle as Mari teased him for his comment. In reality, Jake didn't see what half the modelling agencies saw in him, he viewed himself as an average man, but somehow these people thought him more. He wasn't expecting Mari to agree either, so there was no harm in her comment, just a little playful teasing which was always welcome in a friendship.

"Now I'm not sure about beautiful, I mean, Jake's 'pretty' at best..."

All three men broke in to laughter in that moment, especially Jake. "Pretty isn't a word I've been called before." Jake mused through his laughter, shaking his head at the witch. Jake watched as Callum slipped away momentarily, ordering them all drinks and looking back across the lounge at the others.

"What's your girlfriend drinking, Jake?" Callum asked, looking to the ex-Belladonna with a smirk on his lips. Jake shook his head quickly at the quip from his friend, hoping Mari wouldn't begin thinking Jake had spread such rumours, because he most definitely hadn't.

"Not my girlfriend, Cal, but she drinks Virgin Sunrise." Jake replied, remembering from the time at the bar a few days ago.

"She will be left one with you, m'boy!" Callum shot back, collecting the drinks and handing them out to everyone before taking up the seat on the other side of Mari. "If you don't mind me being crass, but you'll have to wait a fortnight to find his pretty bits before he remembers to come find you." Callum told the witch with a smug smile, earning a roll of the eyes from Jake.

"Leave her alone, Cal. She just came to watch Quidditch!" Jake told the man a moment later, giving the boy an icy glare that shouted 'back the fuck off'.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 2:06 pm

Marilyn waved her hand at the girlfriend comment, shaking it off with a smile. She knew Jake wouldn'tspread rumours, they were just teasing, but she nodded in confirmation of her drink, smiling a little wider.
Then that smile froze.
If Marilyn had been anyone else she would have burst out laughing, Callums american antics were nothing if not laughable. But she was Marilyn so her mouth just formed a surprised 'O' and her forehead furrowed slightly in confusion. Her eyes going to Jake as if to convey 'what is he on???'
God it was hard though, to tell what exactly Callum was playing at. Was he being sarcastic? Or worse, was he serious.
The world of sexual or romantic advances was completely foreign to the witch. She wasn't a virgin, but a) it had been a long time, obviously. And b) she'd still never been really savvy in that area. And honestly she didn't know how to react. At all.

"Here you go, hottie." He handed her the drink and raised an unconcerned eyebrow at Jake's glare, smirking it off before looking back at a vaguely uncomfortable Marilyn.
Now, yes, Callum was fit. And I mean, fit.  But still. Although...
'you know what?' Marilyn told herself, 'You came out here to try to be more normal, right? So bloody try. Do it!'
So she smiled at Callum and accepted her drink.

"Now, if you ever get bored of my buddy over here..." he leaned closer to whisper something in her ear that made the composed witch turn a little pink and she sat a little straighter, further from his arm and focused entirely on her drink.

Callum, undeterred, smirked as he leaned back, his hand lazily playing with stray strands of hair on her shoulder.

"So what do you do, Mari? Besides keep ol' Jake here in check?"

"I'm in Auror training, actually. And Jake doesn't need me to keep him in check."

"Oh? So you're free then...?"
Marilyn opened and closed her mouth without answering, looking to Samar to say something, anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 2:19 pm

When Mari looked to Jake, he mouthed a soft "sorry", still trying to tell Callum to back off. Honestly, Jake knew the kid had been single for a long time, but hitting on his friend? Jake couldn't have that, he'd just wanted Mari to have a nice day, and here they were.

"Now, if you ever get bored of my buddy over here..."

Jake's eyes narrowed at those words, knowing that whatever followed was not going to be anything less than foolish. He could only hope that Mari would forgive him for such actions in due course. If he'd have known Callum would be up to such antics, he'd have suggested leaving after the game to Mari, but now it was a little too late.

"So what do you do, Mari? Besides keep ol' Jake here in check?"

"I do not need keeping in check!" Jake shot back in about the same time Mari confirmed that she wasn't doing it. Ultimately making it look like exactly that with their replied. But the next comment had Jake's jaw set. It was becoming rude now, and if Callum wasn't caref-

"Callum, settle down now." Samar told the man, shaking his head to show enough was enough. The Indian was older than the two of them, and had the respect of both of them. No one would argue with Samar and soon Callum sat back, a smirk on his face but not pushing the conversation any further. "So, how's Auror training going, Mari?" The man continued, sipping his drink carefully, his eyes flicking between Callum and Jake intermittently to make sure the tension was subsiding.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 2:30 pm

Mouthing a silent thank you to Samar the witch took a sip before she replied, "It's going well, my partner and I are the only ones that passed the first lesson, so it's good to basically have one-on-one training with Professor Clement, his lessons are brilliant."
Callum whispered into his drink "I can give you some one-on-one"
But Marilyn pretended not to hear him, focusing on Samar's question, "How long have you played together?" the witch inquired, also ignoring Callums knee nudging hers. It was like sitting next to a very insistent pet. And honestly, Marilyn didn't mind the attention all too much. What she did worry about is Jake. He was visibly tense so she smiled in his direction to reassure him she was okay.
Unfortunately Callum hand had accidently brushed her thankfully covered shoulder, but the touch so close to her scars had caused her to nearly jump out of her seat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 2:43 pm

When Samar spoke to Callum, Jake settled slightly, though not completely. He'd been out with Callum and knew he was persistent to say the least, Jake just hoped that today would be slightly different. As Mari explained, Jake listened once again to the familiar information, watching Samar's face change to that of interest in what the witch was saying.

"How long have you played together?"

"Well, Jake joined us three years ago." Samar explained. "Or close enough, Callum was here a couple of months before, and I've been here for five years. Contract is up for renewal this year." He explained easily. Being Captain meant he knew such things. Samar waved to the bar, to his sister Drishti who'd just made it in to the VIP. She pointed to the bar, however, showing she wasn't going to be joining them just yet.

It was the jump from Mari beside him that brought Jake's attention back to the people beside him. His eyes instantly narrowed as he realised what the older boy was doing. "Cal, seriously, back off." Jake told the boy, reaching around Mari to remove the boy's hand. "Not today, pal, seriously." He added, trying to keep friendly with his colleague but also make sure Mari wasn't out of her comfort zone more than she had to be.

"I think we'll finish our drinks and head off." Jake told his colleagues, keeping an eye on Callum as he took a deep drink from his glass.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 2:53 pm

"Jake's going to teach me how to fly tomorrow, I figured as an Auror it's a necessity skill-wise. And who better to teach me than a quidditch player?" She smiled at Samar, pleased and actually sounding like she looked forward to it. Which, now, she honestly was.

After Jake's warning Callum did back off, with a smile. And Marilyn scooted closer to Jake for safety. She was slowly getting to be way out of her comfort zone and she nodded when Jake said they were going to finish their drinks and leave. Hers was luckily nearly empty anyways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 3:07 pm

At the mention of their plans for the next day made Jake look sideways to Mari then to Samar. He knew he wouldn't be in trouble for doing such things, he just hadn't told his colleagues, they already found his teaching of Defence Against the Dark Arts at both Hogwarts and Salem odd, but the man before him just smiled. "Jake's always be something of a community warmer." Samar commented, almost fondly. "Just go steady, both of you." He warned a moment later, but in good taste.

With Mari's shift closer to him, Jake put his arm around the witch in a comforting manner. He was gentle in the move though, making sure that she could deny the movement if she wanted to, as well as not scaring her as he tried his best to reassure. He would apologise later, she deserved that much.

"It's just a little lesson, we won't do too much too quickly." Jake explained to his captain in reassurance as he drained his glass. Looking towards Mari, Jake gave her a gentle squeeze. "Ready to go?" He asked softly, even though he already knew the answer, he wanted to make the whole situation as realistic as he could.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 3:17 pm

Mari nodded, "Yes, definitely slow. I've never been on a broom before so I'd rather go slow, too." She relaxed visibly when Jake put his arm around her. Having her friend there to reassure her was like having an extra backbone to keep her from falling.
"Ready to go?"
Gods, yes.
"Sure" she responded just as softly, setting her empty glass on a table and standing, pushing her bag up on her shoulder, turning to shake Samar's hand "It was a pleasure to meet you. I hope I come and watch you guys again soon." she witch said sincerely, before turning to shake Callums hand, who in turn nodded and as she turned to go he dropped a piece of parchment into her bag slyly. Though Mari, being an auror in training, noticed, she didn't react.
Moving back to stand right next to Jake, taking the offered arm.
"Alright, let's go."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 3:38 pm

"Yes, definitely slow. I've never been on a broom before so I'd rather go slow, too."

Jake noted the smirk on Callum's lips at Mari's words, though thankfully no comment came from the boy the other side of her. It was childish, finding unintended innuendo, and on Monday at training there was likely going to be words between the two of them. But thankfully the witch between them agreed to leaving. Leaning forward to put his empty glass on the table, Jake stood, doing the buttons up on his suit jacket.

As the witch said goodbye to the two other men, Jake nodded to each of them, saying a soft goodbye before offering his arm to Mari as had become habit in their last couple of meetings. Jake didn't mind, it made the witch comfortable and that was all that mattered. Leading the witch from the room, Jake smiled towards Drishti, giving her a small wave before heading out the door and down the stairs.

The duo walked in relative silence until they got outside, and almost instantly Jake thought of exactly where he wanted to go. The difference in temperature was relatively noticeable, from Canada to North USA was a slight margin of weather differences, and it was welcome. The Newbury house was nothing special, just a usual suburb house, but with a noticeable extension in the loft area. "Welcome to what I call home." Jake told the witch with a fond smile, he paused only for a moment to let the witch take it in before moving to the front door and letting them in. "We're back, mom." Jake called out, hearing the usual clanging from the kitchen.

"Welcome, is Mari with you?" Alexis' voice called through the house.

"She is." Jake replied, shaking his head slightly. "We'll be in the lounge for a bit." Jake added, waving Mari through to the room he'd stated. He didn't know what the witch would want to do, and despite his own room having a TV, a lounge was much safer with the witch, Jake believed.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 3:53 pm

When they appeared in front of the house marilyn smiled softly, but didn't say anything. It was barely noticable but she had her lips pressed together slightly, the only betrayal of her overwhelmed state. Then Jake was leading her to the lounge and the witch's fingers had started gripping at the hem of her sleeve. When she sat down she took a deep breathe and put her head in her hands, "Just...give me a moment, I'm fine, I just...I just need a moment." she closed her eyes and breathed, reminding herself of where she was, that she was in a room that was safe, it was just Jake there. Watching the game, the people in the stadium, meeting his teammates, Callum...it had all on it's own been fine but in combination? It had been a bit much. And the witch needed to breathe.
Thankfully(?) this was something she dealt with often and was able to be fine in a matter of minutes. Then she looked up at her friend and smiled, "That was a lot of fun. All in all. Thank you for letting me come. I'm sorry you couldn't stay with your friends, though."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Once they'd moved to the lounge, Jake watched as Mari settled, asking him for a moment. Jake obliged moving to the door that joined to the kitchen and asking his mom for a glass of water. It was in his hand a moment later and Jake moved back to Mari's side, putting the water on the coffee table for her.

Jake didn't speak as she took her moment, taking a seat gently down beside her but not moving to touch her. Mari could always have comfort if she needed it, but Jake wasn't going to force it on her right now.

"That was a lot of fun. All in all. Thank you for letting me come. I'm sorry you couldn't stay with your friends, though."

"Don't apologise." Jake replied, motioning to the water in case she wanted some. "And, you're my friend, the others couldn't respect you, so I didn't mind leaving. I'm sorry about Callum. He..." hasn't had any in ages. Jake finished in his head before trying to think of something else. "He means well, he just doesn't always come across right." He amended, hoping Mari would understand. "If I'd have known, I would have come home first." Jake told the witch, his tone sincere in that idea. It had been a bit of a mess, and it was all his fault.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 4:12 pm

"No, Jake, it was fine. Samar is wonderful. And Callum..." she shook her head, laughing a little, "If I'm right..yep. Yeah here it is" she rummaged in her bag and pulled out a note, "He put his floo number in my bag." Marilyn actually started really laughing, "This is insane.Wow, Is he blind?"

"Jake I know, I'm just really not used to...any kind of attention, that kind particularily. I'm sure he meant well, his execution however...could use some serious work. It wasn't bad, Jake." she squeezed his arm, "Really. Just a little too much at once." she tucked his floo number back into her bag.  "But...I would really like it if you told me next time you would like me to come to a game, because I really did enjoy it. You looked like you were having fun. So don't be sorry. It's life. I've got to get used to it."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 4:30 pm

As the witch produced a number from her bag, Jake couldn't help but let out a soft laugh at his colleague's antics. "Well, he obviously likes you." Jake told the witch, but Jake knew enough of Callum to know he wasn't the relationship kind of guy. Though the one thing that stood out was Mari's words of him being blind. "Blind? I don't think so, you're an amazing person, Mari. Beautiful too." Jake told the witch, and it was the truth, even if Jake wasn't thinking of Mari in such a manner, she would be a catch to whichever lucky man caught her eye.

"I'll let him know that his flirting could use some work though." Jake assured the witch with an amused smile.

The comment of coming again though made Jake's smile widen slightly. "I'll definitely do that, I think... I'm playing again in two weeks, if you want to come again." Jake explained, trying to remember his fixtures. "Just don't ask me who we're playing." Jake added, relaxing back in to the sofa and undoing his suit jacket buttons once more. "I'll get you a ticket again though, certainly. But we'll leave when it's finished. So you don't... have to deal with that again." He explained, hoping she would forgive him by the next time.
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 4:44 pm

"No, he wants to sleep with me. He made that quite clear." she laughed, remembering the words that had made her turn pink with surprise. "But that's okay. It just, it seems really weird, to me. That's all." at his comment on her looks she gave him a look that read 'yeah, right' and shook her head.

"Yes, spare his next victim the agony, please." Marilyn felt worlds more relaxed now than she had when they'd first arrived.
"Then in two weeks it is. And I'll let you know if we need to leave. You can't protect me from the world, Jake, I'm an Auror in Training." she reminded gently, "I need to get used to it. I can't freak out and take five minutes if I'm on a mission no matter where it is. I need to get over this. And I need your help, of course. I'll deal with Callum. And I look forward to seeing Samar, he's very polite." she leaned back as well, turning her neck to look over at him critically, "Jake...you know this wasn't your fault, right?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 4:57 pm

The mention of what Callum wanted made Jake screw his nose up slightly. If he'd openly said that, there were definitely going to be words with his fellow Chaser at work on Monday. Jake nodded at the weird, openly acknowledging female fans now was weird for him, but he was getting used to. However, the look Mari gave him in regards to looks made Jake feel a little sad for the witch. She didn't see what everyone else saw. But with time... with time, Jake would make sure that it happened.

"You can't protect me from the world, Jake, I'm an Auror in Training."

"But I can try." Jake replied without hesitation as soon as she said it. It was the same as how he was with Victoria, protecting her from the world so that it could never be said he hadn't done enough for the people he cared a lot for.

"Jake...you know this wasn't your fault, right?"

"I feel like it is." Jake replied softly, looking down at the witch beside him. "You were only there because of me. Callum is my friend and he wouldn't have said that if... I'm sorry." Jake added a moment later, shaking his head. Why did other boys have to be such... asses to his friends? Especially the one's he treated with the upmost respect at all times!
Back to top Go down
Mari Caldwell
Auror In-Training
Auror In-Training
Mari Caldwell

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 5:06 pm

Marilyn's eyes narrowed, but there was a smile at the edge of her lips, "Jake." She shook her head, "Jake, no. You can't and I won't let you. I'm going to be an Auror. I will be in life and death situations, I-" She gestured to her face and neck and shoulders, "I already have. Quite obviously so. I can handle the world if you've got my back, not if you're in my way." She reminded gently.
"I feel like it is."
"Jake. Look at me." she took his chin in one hand as she sat up to make him face her properly, "I. Am. Fine. I am a grown woman. I'm fine. No harm done. Okay?" she let him go and leaned back into the couch on her side to keep eye contact, "Who knows, maybe I'll call him." she joked. "Seriously. Jake I'm going to be overwhelmed. It's going to happen. I get overwhelmed grocery shopping, does that mean you're gonna pout at the produce aisle?" she teased.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)   An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari) Empty

Back to top Go down

An attempt at Normality (Jake+Mari)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next