Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alchemy Lesson 3 5-7th years.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucas Faowind
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Lucas Faowind

Alchemy Lesson 3 5-7th years.  Empty
PostSubject: Alchemy Lesson 3 5-7th years.    Alchemy Lesson 3 5-7th years.  EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 5:12 am

For his last lesson, Lucas decided to test what he had taught. He arrived at his class and wrote on the board.

He went around and handed out paper for the lesson.

Quiz for final lesson. Worth 15 points. Please answer the following questions.

1 What were the 3 original aims of the first Alchemists? (2 pts)

2 Who achieved two of the 3 aims and when did they die? (2 pts)

3 What is the branch of Alchemy that studies plants called? (2pts)

4  What is the name of the Chinese Alchemist believed to have been one of the first Alchemists in China? (1 pt. ) * Hint. He is on a chocolate frog card.

5  What are the 3 main uses for alchemy in the wizarding world? (3 pts)

6   Write a short paragraph on one of the experiments you have done. ( 5 pts)

Please ensure that you have your homework with you, and if you missed any class your catch up work.

Lucas finished writing on one board. he sat down and waited for his class to begin. .

Last edited by Lucas Faowind on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Lesson 3 5-7th years.    Alchemy Lesson 3 5-7th years.  EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 12:35 pm

Josh had forgotten his homework the lesson before, well, it hadn't been homework, just some crap that the professor had expected him to do. Taking Cassidy's hard work with him, Josh moved entered the room and set it down before the professor before taking a seat in the middle of the room. The test paper on his desk made Josh frown slightly before pulling out a quill. Might as well get on with this now, he thought to himself.

1) Transform metals in to gold or silver, create panacea and prolong life indefinitely.

2) Nicholas Flamel, died 1992

3) Spagyric

4) Dzou Yen

5) If you mean topics? Potion-making, chemistry and transformation magic.

6) In the last lesson I attempted the transformation of sand to glass. It requires a high heat and takes time to melt. I also used the notion of potion-making to add in extra colours to the glass that made it useful. By the end of the lesson I had made a small multi-coloured ornament with little and less value.

Josh sat back once finished, waiting for others to join them and the professor to continue with his lesson.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Lesson 3 5-7th years.    Alchemy Lesson 3 5-7th years.  EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 6:28 am

Thana walked in to the Alchemy classroom, knowing that she had a test coming. She had prepared for it. If that's what you would call it, it was more like reading a book on the school holidays before school started and having photographic memory to remember it.

Walking in she nodded to Professor Faowind and sat down, pulling out a quill she started writing her answers.  She had her homework from last lesson with her, and she had already given her make-up assignment to Professor Faowind.

) 1 The three original aims were to create panacea, the ability to transmutate led into gold and/or silver; and create the elixir of immortality.

2) Nicholas Flamel, before dying  in 1992 when the Philosophers Stone was destroyed.  

3) It as called  Spagyric Alchemy, mainly used by Healers.

4) Dzou Yen in the 4th century

5) The main uses are in Chemistry, (Healing)  Potions, and transformation magic.

6) In the last lesson I attempted to create the Drink of Despair, I followed an indentation in a restricted book. Requiring several highly restricted ingredients, in the end I produced the Elixir. However because of the nature of it, I decided against trying to drink it.

Thana finished the Test quickly and easily, it would be boring for the rest of the lesson. She decided to do a drawing of someone or something. She walked up to the front of the class, handed in her test and her assignments. Then sat back down and pulled out a piece of parchment to draw on.
Back to top Go down
Cassidy Young
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Cassidy Young

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Lesson 3 5-7th years.    Alchemy Lesson 3 5-7th years.  EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:26 pm

When Cassidy walked into the room and saw that there was a test, she felt a little nervous as she hadn't studied that much for Alchemy, yet at the same time, a strange confidence because she knew Alchemy wasn't the hardest, and she could achieve pretty alright marks. She took her seat and took out her quill, beginning to jot down answers.

1.The three original aims were to create panacea, transform ordinary metals to pure gold, create the elixir of immortal life.

2.Nicholas Flamel, died in 1992

3.Spagyric.

4.Dzou Yen

5.Transformation, chemistry and potions.

6.In my spare time, I completed an experiment to make ordinary metals gold. It is one of the most noted experiments undertook. It involved the use of spells and the melting and mixture of metals to transmutate it to gold.

With that, she sat back, relieved she remembered the answers.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Waters
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Lucy Waters

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Lesson 3 5-7th years.    Alchemy Lesson 3 5-7th years.  EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 12:34 am

Lucy walked into Alchemy class, happy to see a quiz laid out on the table. This meant she could put all her study and hard work to the test. She sat down in her seat, taking out her quill and began to write the answers down.

1.The three original aims were to create panacea, or cure illness, transform ordinary metals to pure gold, create the elixir of immortal life.

2.Nicholas Flamel, died in 1992

3.Spagyric.

4. Dzou Yen

5.Transformation, chemistry and potions.

6. Outside of class, I completed an experiment that involved the use of plants in healing illness (panacea). It involved the extraction of the the antibiotic properties from the Lemon Thyme plant, in order to treat stomach bugs. It was through crushing the leaves and extracting the oils from the plant, and the addition of salts and water to the oils that a remedy was made. However, I did not administer it as I was not ill at the time.

She set down her quill and waited for class to finish.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Faowind
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Lucas Faowind

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Lesson 3 5-7th years.    Alchemy Lesson 3 5-7th years.  EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 5:53 am

Lucas watched as everyone completed their tests. Marking them as each one came in. Finally everyone was done. He had marked the tests and was ready to announce the scores.

"Thankyou class, for the year. I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have enjoyed teaching it to you." Lucas started to the class. " I have marked all of your exams, and I must say I am impressed by everyone. . The results are as follows.

Slytherin, Lucy Waters. 23 points. 13 for test + 10 for attendance.
                                      Joshua Murray. 24 points.  14 points for test + 10 for attendance.

Gryffindor, Cassidy Young, 20 points. 10 for test + 10 for attendance.

Ravenclaw, Thana Semele 24 points. 14 for test + 10 for attendance.    "
As he gave out the results, Lucas had a few more points to award.

"These are the test results for today, and since it is the last lesson of the year. Everyone gets extra points, bringing everyone up to 30 points each. Lastly, Joshua Murray claims top of Alchemy for this year. Congratulations to everyone who participated and I hope to see you all next year!" Lucas told the class. Dismissing them for the year.

*Class Closed*

Joshua Murray 30 pts.
                         Lucy Waters 30 pts.

N/A

Cassidy Young. 30 pts.

Thana Semele. 30 pts

Slytherin  60 pts.
Hufflepuff. N/A
 Gryffindor 30 pts.
Ravenclaw. 30
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy Lesson 3 5-7th years.    Alchemy Lesson 3 5-7th years.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Alchemy Lesson 3 5-7th years.
Page 1 of 1