Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

she's a masterpiece (closed)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe Astrid
Graduate
Graduate
Joe Astrid

she's a masterpiece (closed) Empty
PostSubject: she's a masterpiece (closed)   she's a masterpiece (closed) EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 8:28 am

(OOC Note: pretend this isn't late okay thanks)

Joe had been released from the Hospital Wing the day before, and his entire night had been dedicated to writing, rewriting, re-rewriting, re-re-rewriting, well, you get the picture, something for Brooke. After what simultaneously felt like both a matter of days and forever, he had come to the conclusion that the feelings he held for her weren't to go away, and in lieu of such a realisation, had spent longer than he cared to admit hunched over a desk in his common room.

The other boys hadn't actually been harsh about it, either. One of them had even helped, which was genuinely more than he could ever have hoped to receive. He had a feeling that it had something to do with news spreading like wildfire around the school, and sure enough they were destined to find out about what had nearly been.

His biggest struggle had come in the form of finding a messenger, of sorts. The rest of the plan would pan out as it was deemed to by the gods of fate, but if there was nothing in place in the first place-... well, that would be a bit of a pitfall. Eventually, Joe had come across a Gryffindor girl by the name of Lolita Bradt, a little third year. She had agreed hastily, a beam of tremendous excitement crossing her face. Joe asked if she would be okay to meet him outside the Gryffindor Common Room before classes started the next day, and at the resounding (and somewhat screeched) 'yes, yes, yes!', the prefect went on his way.

And so there he stood, bright and early, hands tightly held behind his back as he waited for the young girl to appear. He had a sealed envelope in one hand and a single rose in the other, the same colour red as her hair had been on their first encounter.

Minutes clocked by and with each, his anxiety grew. Some of the third year girl's housemates had left the common room and given him a few sideways glances, mostly confused, some a little sympathetic, one giggly. It was just as Joe was about to give up and do it himself later on that Lolita decided she was going to make an appearance. She held her hand out expectantly, a smile on her face.
"Thanks for doing this," the Hufflepuff said quietly, handing the rose and the letter over to her. The Gryffindor nodded and ran back off inside the portrait hole, leaving Joe to saunter off to classes with a burning complexion and more angst in his stomach than he could ever remember there being.

Brooke,

From the very moment that we first met, to say I have stopped thinking about you would make me a terrible liar, and I could never find it within myself to lie to you. It may not have been plain sailing from the get-go, but having you in my life has been nothing short of an adventure.

On my worst days, you were there, and on the best, you have laughed with me. I haven't felt this way about anyone before, and I don't know what it is exactly, but there's one thing that I do know. I know that whatever it is that's burning inside my heart is all, completely and utterly, for you.

I could never ask for someone better than you. At the beginning, you were a best friend, someone real, someone true, someone I could confide in and someone who would always listen. I've never had that before, which is probably why this is going to be long winded as hell and isn't going to make any sense.

It's your fault, you know. Not what I meant. I mean-... I can't think straight where you're concerned. I meant that the reason this makes absolutely no sense and is really just a whole load of emotion crammed into one page is you. It wasn't your fault. I'll tell you every day for the rest of forever if that's what it takes for you to believe me.

I think... I think I've waffled on for long enough. You probably get the picture by now, anyway. If you want, come and find me in the library later and we'll talk, if not, I'll see you in class.

Love always,
Forever yours, if that's what you want anyway

I'll give you one guess x
Back to top Go down

she's a masterpiece (closed)
Page 1 of 1