Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucas Faowind
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Lucas Faowind

Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7 Empty
PostSubject: Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7   Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 3:03 am

After combining all classes for his first lesson, Lucas was getting excited about teaching individually. He had been looking forward to being able to give the more difficult elixirs and potions that were used in Alchemy. With the students he knew were going to be in his class, it was going to be interesting no doubt about that. He arrived at his classroom and started getting set up, , flicking his wand to the chalkboard and writing.

"Alchemy, Individual projects. Lucas wanted this lesson to be about the students, he flicked his wand and set up the classroom for practical use. He knew the older students would want to have fun. That was exactly what he hoped they would do, this lesson would be doing what they wanted to do.

Please get out your textbook, titled "Alchemy Advanced Practices" then when everything was just about ready Lucas flicked his wand and a bookshelf rearranged itself into the way it should be in his opinion. The bookshelf would have all of the books that the students would need for individual projects. Lucas then sat down and waited for the students to arrive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7   Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 3:06 am

The first lesson of Alchemy had been... well, nothing interesting to Josh. The professor was just like all the others in this school, inadequate. But, Josh decided to continue anyway, it was easy marks, after all.

Pushing open the door, Josh moved to his usual seat in the middle of the room and sat down. Never acknowledging the professor because he wasn't interested in the man. Taking out his book, Josh made no attempt to look at the board, merely looking at the door wondering who else would be joining him today.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7   Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 4:17 am

After not even making the first lesson, Thana made sure she was early to her second of Luca's class. Alchemy. She was packed and ready for the class in advance, the good thing about knowing Professor Lucas and helping him in the hospital wing was she had a rough idea of what he would be teaching, even if he refused to tell her what exactly they would be doing. As Lucas had told her. "If I tell you what we are doing, then you won't bother coming. Instead you will take a free period" he told her. Thana knew he was right, and that's what she hated the most. But both Thana and Lucas knew it was for the best if she didn't get to know what they would be taught.

Thana walked into the Alchemy Classroom, knowing she was early. The only other person here so far was Josh Murray, she didn't pay any attention really. It wasn't that she was rude, but Thana had other things on her mind. "Morning Professor Faowind "she said to her friend and teacher. "Morning Miss Thana, good to see you actually bothered turning up to my class this time" Professor Faowind replied, Thana knew that most people called Lucas "Professor Faowind", and she knew that she was supposed to call him that during class time as well.

"Well I had to Sir, I have to come to class..Unfortunately I am not allowed to how did a Professor I know say it..."Wander off and have a free period?" she replied to the Professor before taking a seat. It would be an interesting class, Have you got your make-up assignment?" Professor Faowind asked, Thana just nodded before pulling out a small vial from her bag and throwing it at Professor Faowind. Literally throwing it at him. She knew she would get into trouble for it if anyone was here, but she doubted anyone would notice anyway.

Professor Faowind hadn't seen Thana throw the vial until it was too late, he tried to catch it but missed. Dropping the vial onto his desk, and turning a section of it gold. Thana had put a thin layer of led on his desk when she snuck in at one of her times here. Professor Faowind now had a problem, a rather shiny one. A funny pattern of gold on his desk. "There Sir..There it ....was" Thana said innocently, knowing Professor Faowind didn't appreciate her prank. Instead of yelling or responding, Professor Faowind just sighed. Knowing that Thana was quite the prankster. "Thank you Miss Thana..I am sure you will enjoy cleaning it up after class" he said, returning his attention to the class, watching as some more people came in.

(A/n, I am Lucas and Thana's handler)
Back to top Go down
Cassidy Young
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Cassidy Young

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7   Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 7:50 am

Cassidy had never taken Alchemy before, she she decided to have a go, figuring it couldn't be bad. She'd read it was the study of elements or something, she'd find out when she got to the class. She just hoped that she'd enjoy it though, but the odds of her enjoying it was high.

She walked through the classroom, relieved the class hadn't started yet, and spotted Josh in his seat. "Hi Sir," she greeted warmly as she walked in and she decided to slide into the seat next to Josh and smiled at him "Hello,"
Back to top Go down
Lucy Waters
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Lucy Waters

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7   Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 9:36 am

Lucy had decided to take Alchemy because it was sort of an interesting subject. And she could see its practical uses in the world. So she made her way to the classroom with a pleasant feeling, neither excited nor reluctant. "Hi Professor," she acknowledged him as she took a seat and began to get her things out.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Faowind
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Lucas Faowind

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7   Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 pm

Lucas watched as a few more students arrived, after Thana's deliberate incident he was more than happy to move forward. "Welcome Miss Cassidy, Miss Lucy" he told the two that had walked in. Today would only be a small class but Lucas didn't mind. It meant that more could get done.

"Welcome class, as you can see there aren't many of you here today. Which means you can get more done. Now as you have read on the board, it is individual projects. Today I just want you to pick something out of your book, Alchemy Advanced Practices and attempt to complete it, I do not mind what it is you do.

Once you have chosen something, feel free to go to the bookshelf. There you will find the book you need, everything that is listed in your book. The instructions to it can be found in a book on the shelf." Lucas told the students.

"Now if you need help feel free to ask, and don't just take the easy way out. Try something that not only interests you, but gives you a bit of a challenge as well. Everything is open for you today, so make the most of it. All ingredients can be found on the shelf, there may be a few restricted ingredients. However I am more than happy to give them to you today." Lucas said to the small group, "Now feel free to get started."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7   Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 6:06 am

As the man before him kept talking, Josh realised this man was nothing but a joke. No set parameters, no real information, Josh shook his head at the laziness of the man before him. When they were finally told that they could start their "individual projects" Josh lazily flipped the book to a random page. Something interesting? No.

Making glass.

With a sigh, Josh rose to his feet, going to collect the various ingredients he knew he would need. However pointless this might be, the boy had an idea as to what he was going to try. Anyone could make glass, but Josh could do more than that. Once he'd gained the many different ingredients he'd concocted in his head, Josh returned to his desk and set up his cauldron. Putting the flame on the highest heat, and then forcing it higher, Josh tipped a copious amount of sand in to the empty cauldron.

It was going to take a while, but that was good. That meant Josh had time to prepare everything else he needed. Summoning a few mortars and pestles, the Slytherin took to crushing the other ingredients. Perfectly purple azaleas, strongly fragrant fern leaves. Vibrantly yellow sunflower petals and many others.

Josh paid no attention to others, bent over his cauldron, deep in concentration as he went over the plan in his head.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Faowind
Hogwarts Professor
Hogwarts Professor
Lucas Faowind

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7   Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 3:16 am

Lucas watched as everyone started their projects. At the end of the lesson he was happy with what everyone had done. Everyone had worked well and found something to do.

"Thank you everyone for attending. Also if some of you are interested, there shall be a special class for anyone who is interested or thinking about a career in either Potions or Healing. Anyone else can attend of course, this class will have a guest speaker as well.

If you are interested let me know after class. Also please write an essay on the experiment you did for next lesson. That will be all, if you are not done take some time if you wish.

Also Miss Semele please remain to clean your mess, and Mister Murray I believe I asked for an assignment last lesson, please hand it in next one.

And I advise to all that you please study for next class on the books you have read, and the notes you have taken in class.  That's it class dismissed. " Lucas said.

Class Points.

Josh Murray. 20 pts for attendance.  + 5 for work
                                                  Lucy Waters. 20 pts for attendance. + 5 for work.
            Thana Semele. 20 pts for attendance. + 5 for work ( + 30 for catch up work. )      N/A
                  Cassidy Young. 2- pts for attendance + 5 for work.

Slytherin has the most points this lesson.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7   Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alchemy lesson 2, Years 5-7
Page 1 of 1