Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)

Go down 
+4
Tess Holmes
Conner Bailey
Lucy Waters
Mycroft Holmes
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)    Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 6:09 am

Thana listened on in the interactions that went on between the class, she felt sorry for Brooke. Luckily Thana had been given the ability to do well in potions, unfortunately it seemed that Brooke wasn't given that gift. Now she had a problem, she needed someone to work with. The only person she could see that didn't have a partner so far was a Slytherin. Lucy Waters, she had only seen her in class, never actually spoken to her. Thana walked over to the girl. "Ah I need a partner" Thana said awkwardly to the girl, hoping she would say yes to working with her.

Thana already liked her potions Professor, it was how she knew and liked class. Deliberate and structured. She was used to it, so she thrived in this environment. She knew not many would like the way the Professor spoke, but Thana didn't mind. In fact it made her feel at home, in a twist of fate. She felt more comfortable in this class than any other so far. Thana sat and waited for her friend's answer.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Waters
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Lucy Waters

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)    Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 7:36 am

"Ah I need a partner"

"As do I," the Slytherin answered and looked up at the girl "I'm Lucy, and you're Thana, right? I've seen you around before, but don't think we've spoken," she said, needing to get on with the work as she had seen that the others already had. Having done the reading, she knew exactly what she was doing "I'll get the order and measurement, you can add it in and control the stirring and the heat, alright?" Today, she was straight to business.
Back to top Go down
Thana Semele
Wormwood Prefect
Wormwood Prefect
Thana Semele

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)    Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 5:15 am

"I'll get the order and measurement, you can add it in and control the stirring and the heat, alright?" Lucy told Thana, she just nodded. Thana didn't mind doing the latter, she trusted that Lucy knew what she was doing. "Fine by me" Thana said, she started adding the ingredients that Lucy was making up.

This was an easy potion in Thana's eyes. She hoped that Lucy didn't think she was rude, but Thana liked to get things done so she liked to work in silence. When everything was done Thana would be happy to speak. Until then, she wanted to get it over and done with. Working together quickly and efficiently they easily made up the few minutes lost, and even got ahead.

"Looks like we made up" Thana noted, she knew they were ahead. She was pleasantly surprised when Lucy did actually manage to hold herself with the potion. She had read the work, Thana just nodded in appreciation. They kept working like this, Thana wondered if Lucy would ask the first question.
Back to top Go down
Tess Holmes
Graduate
Graduate
Tess Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)    Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 5:11 pm

Tess made a noise of agreement; she didn't do failure especially not in her class. While he didn't verbally say he trusted her, he let her keep going, which was enough of a signal for her that it was okay. But he'd be a fool not to, she thought so somewhat egotistically; this was her specialty, and failure was never an option. She was still mixing slowly and waiting for the change of color until it happened. Looking over, she noticed he already had the castor beans there ready.

She did catch Josh being very specific on picking out the proper beans and she appreciated it, considering that the best ingredients made more potent potions. Putting the beans into the potions and began to stir the potion, knowing it would have to turn brown. As it began to simmer, she took the shrivelfig and began to add the pieces into the cauldron. Waiting for it to turn pink, she was satisfied with the tint and began to stir. She noticed the thickness of the potion, and lowered the fame letting it cool down. Tess didn't like its thickness, so she stirred faster trying to get the right consistency and scrunched up her nose in annoyance. This was the part she hated the most, trying to push for the right thickness. Soon enough it turned orange, signaling her it was perfect, looking over for the wormwood, she began to place the leaves in a counterclockwise motion and knew they were good because they sank right in. Turning the potion three times, she turned off the flame as the potion was ready.

It was as if something was seconding it as a rainbow came out of the cauldron and she placed her hands on her hip satisfied at the work done. The aromatic scent made her take a deep whiff and lifted the ladle, inspecting the sunshine yellow color.

Nodding to herself, as if she gave herself approval, looked over at Josh and signaled him to put it in the phial and hand it over to Mycroft.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)    Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 12:02 am

With each ingredient being carefully added in to the cauldron, Josh watched Tess work between his preparation. They were as meticulous as one another which likely spiraled from their upbringing. Whatever the case, as the final ingredient was added to the mixture and stirred to the right color and consistency, Josh knew they were there.

The look from Tess was enough to let him know that it was time to put the potion in to a vial. Leaning over to take the ladle from Tess' side, the Slytherin got on to that, carefully pouring enough in to the vial for testing, ignoring the rainbows as he put the stopper on.

"Don't forget we need to tidy, Holmes." Josh whispered to the witch. Mycroft Holmes always insisted on such things. It took only a few strides to get to the man's desk. Taking a sticker, Josh wrote Tess and his name on it before attaching it to the vial.

That done, Josh moved back to their desk and quietly began to tidy the ingredients away.
Back to top Go down
Cassidy Young
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Gryffindor Seventh Years
Cassidy Young

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)    Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 7:41 am

Cassidy saw everyone partner off and that she had been left alone. She looked around at the pairs and decided to approach the Slytherin and Ravenclaw girl who seemed to be working well together "Mind if I join you?" she asked with a smile "I have no one else and I think if I tried it on my own, the whole castle would end up in flames somehow," she joked.
Back to top Go down
Mycroft Holmes
Unsorted
Mycroft Holmes

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)    Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 10:26 pm

Potion: Lesson 2 (5-7)

Walters, Brooke: 20 (attendance) + 10 (participation)=30 pts.
Young, Cassidy: 20 (attendance)

Adler, Eris: 20 (attendance) + 5 (Participation) = 25
Holmes, Tess: 20 (attendance) + 10 (Participation) = 30
Murray, Josh: 20 (attendance) + 15 (Participation) = 35
Waters, Lucy: 20 (attendance)
Watson, Benjamin: 20 (attendance) + 5 (participation) = 25

Semele, Thana: 20(attendance) + 5 (Participation) = 25
Bailey, Conner: 20 (attendance) + 5 (Participation)

TOTAL:

Gryffindor: 50pts
Ravenclaw:25pts
Hufflepuff: 25 pts
Slytherin: 135 pts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)    Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson 2: (Years 5-7)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2