Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand New Dance (Florecita)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelo D' Monica
Graduate
Graduate
Angelo D' Monica

Brand New Dance (Florecita) Empty
PostSubject: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptyFri May 09, 2014 4:32 pm

Aneglo leaned on the waist high wall surrounding the roof of his apartment building, staring off into the distance. He'd never had reason to fear heights Before. Before, any distance he fell was either too short to be seriously injured or high enough to give him time to open his wings. Now, without them, he wasn't sure whether to be nervous or not.

Then he decided, screw that, he'd always like heights.

It was strange, to have a part of him missing. It was the same to Angelo as if he'd lost his arms or his legs; his wings had always been there and it was a major adjustment to work without them. Which was why he'd asked Azalea to come that night. She understood better than anyone other than Lucelia how his body moved, and she would know better than his girlfriend how to restore it. He still walked with a wobble in his step and had a propensity to fall over if he moved too quickly, used to the weight on his back, even when his wings had been folded. He'd even taken to wearing a heavy backpack sometimes, to balance him in a way he was familiar with, but he wanted to be able to move his body normally again.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptyFri May 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Thanks to Lucelia's constant updates, Azalea knew Angelo had been doing much better than when she had first happened upon him. He could walk, look after himself, he had even gotten a job and his own apartment. And Azalea's question of how much time the part veela spent in that apartment had met with a playful napkin tossed her way.

Which Azalea took to mean "a lot".

However, being close to Luce also meant being a party to all the young woman's worries of how Anfelo seemed to have lost the fluidity in his movements, how his balance was off from time to time and how Lucelia felt it was a matter of confidence if anything.

Which was why Azalea was here today, to restore that self esteem and sense of control in her dance partner. After much talking, the girls had decided on teaching Angelo to dance again.

To remember how he moved and to get him accustomed to his new body. Lucelia would try in more intimate ways, no doubt but Azalea and Angelo already had their thing established.

They were friends, colleagues but most of all, they were dancers.

"Hi there," the witch called out, emerging from the door leading to the roof. "Careful now, I don't want to send a vine down to catch you if you trip," she smirked in way of greeting.
Back to top Go down
Angelo D' Monica
Graduate
Graduate
Angelo D' Monica

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptySat May 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Angelo turned towards the sound of the door opening, careful not to whip towards it, as close as he was to the edge. He merely grinned at Azalea's teasing. "You'd do it in a heartbeat, Florecita, don't play coy. Besides, I've gotten better. I can take whole steps, all by myself." This last bit was said in a way-too-innocent voice that would have been better suited to a four year old, and the wide eyed look that accompanied it matched perfectly.

Moving slowly, keeping his balance in check, Angelo walked towards Azalea, greeting her with a hug and a kiss on each cheek, mostly because he could. "Thanks for coming, Florecita. It means a lot. Besides," he added with a grin. "Who else would dance with you if I didn't? No one else could match." Not that he'd be able to, either. Not at first. But he hoped that he'd improve with time.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptySat May 10, 2014 5:10 pm

You'd do it in a heartbeat, Florecita, don't play coy. Besides, I've gotten better. I can take whole steps, all by myself."

As good as the former demangel was at pulling off the innocent look, Azalea knew him too well to fall for it. Whenever Angelo had that look on, it meant he was either testing or planning something.

As the blond moved to hug her, Azalea smiled, still a little unsteady from the knowledge that she could do this again, that she could hug Angelo and talk to him when for a year she hadn't thought it possible.

"You think way too much of yourself," she teased, stepping away to ruffle his hair. "Now if you'd put your moves where your mouth is," she laughed before taking a step back. The witch had wanted to do this properly. And what was a dance without the proper attire.

Unknotting the belt around her black trenchcoat, Azalea let the heavy material fall to the ground, revealing the dark green, shimmery tango dress she wore within.

"Lets dance," she stated, her face decorated with its usual Nightshade smirk.
Back to top Go down
Angelo D' Monica
Graduate
Graduate
Angelo D' Monica

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptySat May 10, 2014 5:36 pm

"I always have," Angelo countered with a smirk, reaching up to fix the mussed strands quickly. "I'll do my best," he promised her, knowing that he probably wouldn't be able to live up to his big talk. Not anymore.

Angelo watched with a single raised eyebrow as Azalea shucked her long coat, giving her a once over, but without leering, like so many other men would have. "Well don't I feel underdressed?" he asked blandly, though a smile crept onto his features. "If I'd known this was going to be a formal occasion, I would have put on something better." As it was, he was in simple, black cotton pants and a white t-shirt, nothing special at all, though he didn't feel insignificant, not even next to Azalea.

"Let's," the former demangel replied with a matching smirk. "Waltz?" he asked, though he was already transitioning into the proper hold. He began the steps to a simple waltz, one he'd learned when he was young, but only a few steps in, he rose up on his toes and leaned forward.

It was too far, overcompensating for weight that was no longer there, and Angelo stumbled, letting go of Azalea's hand to catch himself on the hard concrete. He got up with a wobble, brushing off his hands and swearing fluently in both Spanish and Italian. He covered his embarrassment (he used to be able to do this, dammit!) with a quick smile. "Looks like my moves aren't going anywhere near my mouth tonight."
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptySat May 10, 2014 5:45 pm

"Well don't I feel underdressed?"

"Really?' the witch asked, a teasing note in her voice as he moved towards her with the traditional Waltz stance. "You seem over dressed if anything," she added, a meaningful look at his white shirt. Clothing wasn't important at the moment, they only thing on the agenda for today was getting into step with each other.

Azalea had suspected he wouldn't pull off any feats of amazement but the witch hadn't expected him to stumble so quickly into the game.

"Hey, no tip toes, yet," she nudged lightly as he let go of her, trying to keep her safe from his stumbling. "You know I can't keep up with your fancy moves."

"Looks like my moves aren't going anywhere near my mouth tonight."

"Its going to get there," she promised with a genuine smile as she placed her arms around his neck once more, beginning the routine for the second time. "And Angelo, you don't have to move away if you stumble," she said lightly, setting a slow, easy pace to imaginary relaxed music.

"I'm your friend, its my job to catch you if you fall."
Back to top Go down
Angelo D' Monica
Graduate
Graduate
Angelo D' Monica

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptySun May 11, 2014 7:10 pm

Angelo smiled at her teasing, but his heart wasn't really in it and he knew it. He felt... strange about taking off his shirt now. He'd never been self-conscious about his body before, but then he hadn't had jagged scars running down his back before. Maybe part of the problem was that it was stranger now to go without a shirt with no legitimate reason, but it was also that when it was off before, he'd always had his wings unfolded. With it on, he could almost pretend that they were still there, just hidden from the world. Almost. "Night's getting a bit cool," he lied. "I think you'll be going without a show tonight."

Shaking his head, Angelo scowled. "Don't baby me, Azalea. It's a simple move and we both know it. Just because I can't do it anymore doesn't disprove that." He rubbed a hand over his face, aware that he'd snapped at her. "I'm sorry, Florecita, you didn't deserve that. I'm just- It's not something either of us has been used to for a while, is it? Failure?"

Lips quirking up into a half smile, Angelo took up the stance again. "And as your friend, it's my job not to drag you down with me. Again."
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptySun May 11, 2014 7:44 pm

The snapping was normal really. Azalea knew what to expect from reading up on all the PID books when she had first started teaching Victoria. The sections on temperament hadn't manifested in the young girl as Victoria was far too good natured to express frustration unto others but Azalea knew it was an otherwise normal reaction.

Granny Weatherwax knew Azalea herself would go ballistic if tomorrow she discovered that she couldn't dance anymore.

"I'm sorry, Florecita, you didn't deserve that. I'm just- It's not something either of us has been used to for a while, is it? Failure?"

"What makes you think you're failing?" Azalea asked, a perfectly arched eyebrow sent his way. "You're back here with the girl who want to be with, you're back on your fet, you have a job, a place of your own. If you aren't doing well, I don't think anyone in the world is," she finished, moving back to him once more. She wasn't attempting to flatter him, Angelo and Azalea shared a relationship made up on mild teasing and honest truths that neither could hear from anywhere else.

"You used to be exceptional in every way. You're having trouble working your way up to being exceptional again and that's not failing in my books."

"And as your friend, it's my job not to drag you down with me. Again."

As the former demangel reached for her waist once more, falling into careful step, Azalea grinned.

"You can never drag me down. We just have to work a little to find a way for your to make me fly without the wings this time around," she smirked.
Back to top Go down
Angelo D' Monica
Graduate
Graduate
Angelo D' Monica

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptySun May 11, 2014 7:59 pm

Angelo let her rant on for a minute with a steadily growing smile on his face. When she was finished, he laughed out loud. "Never one to let me feel sorry for myself, are you? No, you wouldn't be," he said, answering his own question. Despite his frustration, he did feel a bit better, reminded of the things he had accomplished.

A teasing smirk pulling at the corners of his mouth, Angelo shook his head in fake exasperation. "Is this what being human is like? I don't like it. Silly mortals, never doing anything right." Honestly, it did take adjusting, but being normal was a pretty welcome change for him.

Angelo rolled his eyes. "If I was sure I could catch you, I would totally throw you in the air for that. As it is, I'm not, so I'll take a raincheck and not make you whip out your vines because I'm being overconfident." They took a few more careful turns around the roof, the blonde boy wobbling slightly, but not falling again. "Want to up the ante a little?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. "I'm pretty sure I could handle it."
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptySun May 11, 2014 8:33 pm

"Is this what being human is like? I don't like it. Silly mortals, never doing anything right."

"Pretty much," the witch replied honestly. "Some mess up more than others." The pace was starting to even out, become more natural as they kept moving. "But that's why finally getting it right feels so good," she added, a note of sincerity in her voice. Azalea had made her share of mistakes in the past but now, now things were looking up. Lost friends returning, things with Jake as smooth as she could wish them to be, the new job offer at the university.

"Want to up the ante a little?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. "I'm pretty sure I could handle it."

"Just a little bit," the brunette cautioned as an idea sparked in her mind. Angelo kept better balance when he wasn't thinking about it, his current bit of improvement attributed to the fact that he was talking to her and not thinking about where his feet were.

"And while we're at it, tell me how the Devil's going for you?' she asked as she spun out from his hold for a minute, spinning back into his arms with a momentum that was only sightly faster than before. "I worked there three years, learned valuable life skills," she smirked fondly.
Back to top Go down
Angelo D' Monica
Graduate
Graduate
Angelo D' Monica

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptySun May 11, 2014 8:41 pm

"Well I'll just have to keep that in mind when I want to flame and have to use my wand like a normal human being," Angelo replied with a teasing grin. "I mean, how do you do it? I almost burned myself the other day because I forgot that I can't touch the flames anymore."

There were plenty of things for the former demangel to get used to now that his body was human, though most of them were little, like the lack of fire tolerance. He could still flirt his way through a situation, though he didn't have his compulsion to help anymore.

Angelo kept within her parameters, only speeding up a little, matching her step for step. "It's ok," he responded to her query, catching her again in a move that was almost as effortless as before. "It's not where I want to spend the rest of my life, but then, I really have no idea how I want to spend the rest of my life." He shrugged. "I didn't really think about before and I haven't had time to since."
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptyMon May 12, 2014 1:18 pm

"I mean, how do you do it? I almost burned myself the other day because I forgot that I can't touch the flames anymore."

"I guess flames don't hurt me anymore," Azalea replied casually. Her healing magic had came a long way in the last year but Angelo didn't need the details of her life just yet. Experimentation with skin cells, pain receptors and nerve impulses had made the witch quite the adequate healer, on herself anyway. The methods were unconventional to say the least but they worked.

"It's not where I want to spend the rest of my life, but then, I really have no idea how I want to spend the rest of my life."

The brunette landed back in the small lift Angelo managed, not even having to slow her pace before Angelo caught up to the rhythm this time. The witch grinned, he may think that his wings gave him the power of flawless dancing but in truth, it was his bones. He would always be a natural when it came to dancing.

"Now that is something you and Lucelia have to sit together and decide," she answered seriously. It was beyond scary but Azalea had personally found it... a relief afterwards, as though the air had been cleared somewhat.

"Jake and I did that... the in ten years time talk thing," she admitted, not quite able to meet Angelo' eyes as she revealed a little bit of her personal life to the former Demangel. "It was crazy but at least... well, it worked out," she managed. If someone as dysfunctional as herself could cross that relationship hurdle, she was sure it would be smooth sailing for Angelo and the Norwegian.
Back to top Go down
Angelo D' Monica
Graduate
Graduate
Angelo D' Monica

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptyMon May 12, 2014 4:33 pm

Angelo raised his eyebrow at Azalea's cryptic comment, but the Head of Nightshade disdained to elaborate and he let it be. Their relationship was built on blunt truths, but not pushing past limits. If Azalea ever wanted to tell him, she would. "Well it's annoying, but I'll live with it."

The smoother movement of his body were not lost to Angelo, but he preferred to half-ignore them, rather than focus too hard and throw off his rhythm. He still wobbled slightly if he leaned too far foreword, but it was mostly even keeled and closer to his usual standard.

Rolling his eyes, Angelo guided Azalea through a wide turn, connected only by her right hand in his left, before pulling her close again. "Yes, Mother," he told her with a cheeky grin. "It's legitimate advice though," he admitted with a sigh. "It's something I've been meaning to do anyway, but we've been rather... caught up in getting reacquainted." He grinned wolfishly at his friend.

Though most people wouldn't have thought it, Angelo did know when to respect people's admissions of secrets. "That was really brave, Florecita," he told her secretly. "Even more so because I know you don't like opening up. I don't usually either, but... Lucelia is different and it is something I should do."
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 10:54 am

"Yes, Mother,"

Azalea merely rolled her eyes at the declaration. Being teased was well worth it if something of value actually sunk in to the blond currently twirling her with almost the same ease as he had before.

"It's legitimate advice though," he admitted with a sigh. "It's something I've been meaning to do anyway, but we've been rather... caught up in getting reacquainted."

"Yup," the witch agreed with a grin as they stepped in time once more, Azalea ending up perfectly against his stance as she returned from the twirl. "Getting reacquainted is healthy, I recommend doing it several times a day," she winked, trying not to laugh. "On the kitchen floor, in the bath, on the dining table. So many places to reacquaint with."

As both the dance and the conversation took a more sombre turn, Azalea kept her eyes lowered once more. She was flattered to be thought of as brave but it was more than that. Angelo knew better than a lot of people how hard it was for her to trust others and he understood the depth of what she had just revealed.

"Its them who make us brave, you know," she admitted softly as they danced. "Jake, Lucelia. We don't think we have it in us to open up and then they come along and show us that we're worth more than we ever thought we were."
Back to top Go down
Angelo D' Monica
Graduate
Graduate
Angelo D' Monica

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptyWed May 14, 2014 11:39 pm

Angelo nodded seriously, though he could feel the amusement dancing in his eyes. "And so many different times of the day too! You know everything is quite different at night than in the daytime. And you know Lucelia; the artist's eye for a change in light. I have to be observed from every angle in every light. Such an attention to detail!"

Nodding, the blonde boy smiled softly. "I know. I don't know what we'd be without them." He twirled her gently. "A pair of prickly hedges, the two of us, and only they really know how to reach past our thorns. That's why the two of us would never work, even if Jake and Lucelia didn't both kill me for mentioning it; we're too alike, too much opposed to the outside world. We need them to soften us."

Without Lucelia, Angelo would probably still be a seething mass of hatred for the outside world, hidden deep under his layer of charm. He was still angry sometimes, but having something good in his life helped immensely; he always knew that no matter how bad things got, she would be there at the end of the day.

"Speaking of Jake," Angelo said, transitioning topics smoothly, "How are things with you and He-Man?"
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 11:54 pm

"And so many different times of the day too! You know everything is quite different at night than in the daytime. And you know Lucelia; the artist's eye for a change in light. I have to be observed from every angle in every light. Such an attention to detail!"

It was amusing really when Lucelia was less than forthcoming about her personal life, Angelo saw fit to flaunt it openly. Azalea didn't mind either approaches, knowing how her two friends felt about each other. It Was almost enough to make her believe that the thing she refused to acknowledge was, perhaps for some people, real.

"Well, congratulations to you," she smirked as Angelo dipped her neatly before pulling her up once more only to send her into a swift twirl. I wish you both many happy hours... sketching."

"A pair of prickly hedges, the two of us, and only they really know how to reach past our thorns. That's why the two of us would never work."

"Oh no way, D' Monica," Azala countered, trying to wrap up the personal talk. "You and I would never work because I am far sexier than you could ever hope to be," she laughed, making a soft mock growl as he pulled her back to himself, pressing her flush against his lean body.

"Speaking of Jake," Angelo said, transitioning topics smoothly, "How are things with you and He-Man?"

"Busy as a bee these days," Azalea answered, grateful for the change of topic. As usual, Angelo could always sense her discomfort. At lest that part of their dynamic would never change. "He's teaching Defense at both schools now, plus his team recently won the Americas cup, which is a big deal as I found out later," she added in case Angelo was as unaware of Quidditch as she was.

"And on top of that, he's helping another student train for Auror camp later in the year. So these days we basically come home too tired to do anything but eat a few bites of dinner and then pass out for the night, only to do the same thing all over the next day."
Back to top Go down
Angelo D' Monica
Graduate
Graduate
Angelo D' Monica

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptySun May 25, 2014 12:01 pm

"Oh no way, D' Monica," Azala countered, trying to wrap up the personal talk. "You and I would never work because I am far sexier than you could ever hope to be," she laughed, making a soft mock growl as he pulled her back to himself, pressing her flush against his lean body.

Angelo merely laughed. "You wish that were true," he told her, grinning. "But it's just in the genetics, Florecita." He mock growled back at her, enjoying their play. They performed a few more careful turns, and he only wobbled on one. The old habits he'd once had were coming back to him.

"Yes, Azalea, that is kind of a big deal," Angelo said dryly, shooting her A Look. "I don't follow Quidditch that closely either, but anything with 'cup' after it is usually important. Congratulations to him, for that and for the teaching posts." The confession of how busy they were made Angelo look at her with concern. "Are you getting enough sleep, Florecita? Don't wear yourself out. I'd rather not have to return the favor of medical attention."
Back to top Go down
Azalea Harrington
Graduate
Graduate
Azalea Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptyMon May 26, 2014 2:47 am

"Yes, Azalea, that is kind of a big deal," Angelo said dryly, shooting her A Look. "I don't follow Quidditch that closely either, but anything with 'cup' after it is usually important."

The witch let out another small peal of laughter, twirling around by a finger as Angelo kept pace, his body all but fallen into its usual grace. "I'm starting to learn that," she admitted with a grin. "And I'll pass on the congrats, I'm sure he'll appreciate it."

"Are you getting enough sleep, Florecita? Don't wear yourself out. I'd rather not have to return the favor of medical attention."

"I'm fine," the brunette reassured him as he spun her out and let her go, leaving her to finish the circle and come back with a hand behind her waist and one held to her chest.

"What do you say we stop here for today," the young woman suggested, her feet coming to rest on the stone floor as her spiky heels clicked in place one last time. "We can do this weekly so we have a lot of time to get back into our usual stride. Then we dazzle the world," she beamed.
Back to top Go down
Angelo D' Monica
Graduate
Graduate
Angelo D' Monica

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:55 pm

"Learn well, young Padawan," Angelo told her solemnly, though he ruined it when he could stop a smile from stretching across his face. He was sure that she'd picked up on a lot more than she'd let on and also sure that Azalea would learn whatever was necessary to understand the basics of Jake's passion. He snorted silently, wondering if her blonde friend, the famous one, would give her a book on the subject.

"Liar," Angelo said affectionately, catching her hands flawlessly. As they swayed in time with inaudible music, he looked at her with amusement. "Remember that, however much you want to deny it, you're mortal. You do need to give yourself a break every once in a while."

Settling into the finishing position in time with his partner, Angelo held it for a moment before releasing one of Azalea's hands and raising the other to his lips. "Until next time, then Florecita. And of course we'll dazzle the world," he added with a grin. "We were made to dazzle." He let go of his hold on her hand.

Later that week, he drew a picture, not as well as Lucelia could have, but respectably enough and sent it to Azalea in the mail. In it, two circles of thorn brush sat side by side, one encircling a Quidditch broom, a good approximation of the one Jake rode for Moose Jaw, and the other a drawing pad and pencils. On the back, he scrawled, 'The prickly hedges and their blooming roses.'

He could be poetic if he wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand New Dance (Florecita)   Brand New Dance (Florecita) Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand New Dance (Florecita)
Page 1 of 1