Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Charms (7th year)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Katherine Zanderson
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Katherine Zanderson

Charms (7th year) Empty
PostSubject: Charms (7th year)   Charms (7th year) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 12:24 pm

Katherine was ready for her last class that day, she was hoping for some sort of outcome for this class, Katherine knew that most of her students from the year before were off doing what they wanted to do and she was extremely proud of them, they deserved to be doing this, they deserved to be doing what they loved like she was. Katherine sat back in her chair thinking about the lesson she was going to be teaching. The Engorgement Charm, it was safer with this year then the others.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

Charms (7th year) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charms (7th year)   Charms (7th year) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 2:13 pm

Mary walked to the Charms classroom, a bit weary after the day of classes. Even though it was only the first day, she had already got lots of homework and the classes have already proved to be difficult and challenging. It was fun, though and it only made the young witch more excited about the upcoming year.

"Good afternoon, Professor." Mary greeted Professor Harrisson cheerily as she entered the classroom. With a smile sent towards the older witch, the Head Girl took a seat and waited for class to start.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Zanderson
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Katherine Zanderson

Charms (7th year) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charms (7th year)   Charms (7th year) EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:25 pm

Katherine saw the Wormwood Head Girl walk into her classroom and Katherine smiled to her. "Hello Mary, I hope you had a good summer" Katherine said to her. The blonde's summer was eventful and a little difficult but it was getting better... she hoped. Katherine looked at the time and saw that she needed to start class. "Let's begin shall we. Today we will be going over the Engorgement Charm. Can you tell me what that is?" Katherine began.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

Charms (7th year) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charms (7th year)   Charms (7th year) EmptyThu May 08, 2014 10:14 am

"I did, thank you. I hope yours was pleasant as well." Mary smiled. She had no idea what her Professors did over the summer, with the exception of Azalea and Jake. She honestly hoped everyone's summer was nice, as everyone deserved a pleasant rest.

The witch nodded. "It makes things bigger. The incantation is 'Engorgio'." She was a bit disappointed they wouldn't be dealing with anything more difficult, but she supposed they had to know this spell as well. It was nice, though, to have a class in which she could relax.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Zanderson
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Katherine Zanderson

Charms (7th year) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charms (7th year)   Charms (7th year) EmptyThu May 08, 2014 12:19 pm

"I did, I spent time with my son and saw a bit of my friends when I didn't have my friends near me" Katherine said. Dave and her had a blast but she was a little upset that Cyr wasn't there with them but all was okay, he was out doing a job as was she.

When Mary told her what she wanted to know, Katherine nodded. "Correct, 10 points to Wormwood. Now can you tell me why this spell can be both helpful and dangerous?" Katherine asked. This spell came in handy, but it could also be dangerous, a lot of people didn't really know how it could be dangerous and that is why she was going to ask.
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

Charms (7th year) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charms (7th year)   Charms (7th year) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:41 am

"If there was a tiny thing you wanted to study closely, or to see the details of it, you could use the Engorgio spell. Of course, there are microscopes for this, but you can't always get a microscope." the Wormwood said, providing an example of how the spell could be useful.

Mary took a moment to think about the next example. "Well, it depends on what you're using the spell on, really. If somebody would use it on a flame, that fire could burn down a building or harm somebody. Or, in a duel, you could use it on your opponent. If the spell hits a part of your body, that could leave permanent damage, especially with brain.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Zanderson
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Katherine Zanderson

Charms (7th year) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charms (7th year)   Charms (7th year) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Katherine listened to Mary explain how the spell could be both helpful and dangerous for people. When the Wormwood was finished her explanation, Katherine nodded. "Very good, now for today we will not be working on fire because like you've said it can be dangerous. You will be enlarging a pumpkin. It is more helpful and less dangerous" Katherine grabbed a small pumpkin and placed it on the ground. "I don't want my tables to break so the floor would have to do" Katherine said to Mary. "Don't worry if you don't get it on the first try, I never did but that is why its called practice" Katherine explained.

"The incantation is Engorgio. Please begin."
Back to top Go down
Mary McNeely
Graduate
Graduate
Mary McNeely

Charms (7th year) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charms (7th year)   Charms (7th year) EmptyWed May 14, 2014 7:16 am

"The incantation is Engorgio. Please begin."

Mary nodded and prepared her wand. She walked over to the small pumpkin and pointed her wand at it, picturing the pumpkin growing. "Engorgio." the witch said, still focusing on the pumpkin in front of her expanding and growing. Nothing happened on her first try, and the Head Girl murmured the spell once again.

This time, the orange vegetable swelled up, but only a little bit. Mary tried again and the pumpkin grew bigger. She smiled to herself, satisfied that the spell worked, but pointed her wand at the pumpkin again. It can grow some more.

"Engorgio." This time, the pumpkin grew rather quickly and Mary flicked her wand away, ending the spell, before it could explode. Rapid growth can sometimes lead to explosions and the Wormwood didn't want that in the Charms classroom.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Zanderson
Head of Hufflepuff
Head of Hufflepuff
Katherine Zanderson

Charms (7th year) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charms (7th year)   Charms (7th year) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 1:52 pm

Katherine watched as Mary did the spell correctly and she was glad that the Wormwood got it correct, she wasn't surprised with her students because they were all bright in her eyes even if they didn't think so. Katherine looked at the time and saw that class needed to be wrapped up for the day. "Well that is all I have planned for today, I'll hopefully see you next week. There is no homework for today so you're free to go. Bye Mary" Katherine dismissed Mary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Charms (7th year) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charms (7th year)   Charms (7th year) Empty

Back to top Go down

Charms (7th year)
Page 1 of 1