Hogwarts, A Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts, A Future

Sixteen Years After the War has Ended, Two Wizarding Schools Exist. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Salem Academy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) Empty
PostSubject: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 6:55 am

The idea of taking over Professor Finn had been presented to Jake in a letter from both schools. Apparently they deemed him capable of teaching the lesson and Jake had been more than willing to accept the role. It had been Azalea who'd helpfully pointed out that he simply wouldn't been able to juggle four days of teaching on top of his Quidditch career, so Jake had had to make a big decision on what he wanted to do.

And the answer came to him almost a moment later.

Defence Against the Dark Arts had been so much more fun to learn about, so he'd written back to the schools, asking them to transfer his job choice. Which left Jake ready for his lessons in Defence at the beginning of the year.

Nervous didn't cut it as Jake fiddled with his tie as he waited for the students to arrive. This was a big step up, but like Azalea kept telling him, he could do it. Continuing with Professor Finn's ideas, there were no tables or chairs in the classroom save his own, plenty of space to practice.

Now to simply wait for the lesson ahead of him.

Behind him on the board featured his semi legible handwriting, stating the words "Tickling Charm".

Last edited by Jake Newbury on Tue May 20, 2014 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 10:23 am

Tristan had not realized exactly how right his - did he dare call them parents? - were when they had tired to convince him to stay at home. Taking a deep breath, he tried to calm his nerves. Maybe starting school this early had been a mistake after all. "Send us an owl if you change your mind and we'll come to pick you up right away," Caleb had told him; only, he should be calling him dad by now, shouldn't he?

Although he knew that his ... father ... had meant what he said, Tristan knew he wouldn't allow himself to admit that he wasn't ready. This was why, after having stood outside the class for a few minutes, Tristan finally walked in, his head down, muttering an "Afternoon, Professor," to the only other person inside.

Seeing as there were no chairs, he made straight to the side of the room and found an obscure corner to wait in. Taking in the words on the board, he sighed. Spells was not something he liked.
Back to top Go down
Skye Summers
Unsorted
Skye Summers

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptyThu May 01, 2014 11:03 am

Skye skipped into class, his hair spiked, and the ends purple. Seeinf no chairs or desks he leans against a wall.
"Hello!" He says cheerfully towards the professor and other boy. Skye didn't recognize the professor so he studied him from his point on the wall.
Bored, Skye idley played with his morphing. Changing his hair color and eye color as he watched the room.
Back to top Go down
Charlene Rose
Unsorted
Charlene Rose

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptyFri May 02, 2014 4:26 pm

Charlie strolled into the room grandly, making a scene as always. She swayed in a way that twirled her skirt when she walked and her blonde curls bounced with every step. She had always found a deep fascination with school and perhaps that was why she was so eager to let everyone know that she had entered. She took in the room quickly and smiled at each person giving them each their own greeting. "I like your hair!!" she called to the boy with such fun hair colors. "Good morning sir!" She curtsied toward the professor giggling to herself. Turning toward the other boy she smiled and greeted him brightly her voice dripping with sarcasm, "We'll at least someone is happy to be here."
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptySat May 03, 2014 12:25 am

DADA was one of the few subjects that Violet enjoyed. It was just sort of, fun. When she walked through the door, she was sort of surprised (though she didn't let it show) that it was Jake, and not Professor Finn. She dropped her bag at the door, and lingered near the back wall, giving Jake a small nod. She saw that there was already Skye, changing his hair colour, and another girl who curtsied (why was she curtsying? she asked herself). And also that a Slytherin boy had arrived before her.
Back to top Go down
Natasha Stonem
Ravenclaw Third Year
Ravenclaw Third Year
Natasha Stonem

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptySat May 03, 2014 4:21 am

Defence Against the Dark Arts was probably one of the most useful and exciting subjects there was to offer at school, especially considering the impending dangers of the people in the 'Black Widows'. That was some scary stuff. Natasha thought it best to take it. Plus, it seemed very fun. She walked into the classroom and saw that there was no tables and chairs "Morning Professor," she said as she dropped her bag down beside her.
Back to top Go down
Skye Summers
Unsorted
Skye Summers

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptySat May 03, 2014 6:19 am

Skye smiled and turned, seeing the other girl he headed towards her.
"Thanks, I love your outfit! My name is Skye, what's yours?" Skye looked at her. Something seemed different, but that's ok, Skye thought, everyone is different somehow, and differences make life fun!
Skye watched as all te other students came in, and talked to this other girl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptySat May 03, 2014 6:56 am

"Afternoon, Professor,"

"Good afternoon, Tristan!" Jake replied to the Slytherin, taking note of the boys shy nature. Okay, that would be something he'd have to work with, possibly help the boy out a little bit with that, if needed. The next boy in was someone Jake couldn't put to his roster, and a slight frown touched his features as he checked his roster.

"Good morning sir!"

"Good morning, Charlene." Jake replied to the Ravenclaw, still looking at his list as he tried to place the Hufflepuff boy. Another Hufflepuff caught his attention for a moment as Jake flicked over his list. "Hi Violet." Jake added, another Ravenclaw entering. "and to you, Natasha!"

"Aha!" Jake found the Hufflepuff's name and smiled to himself. "Mr Summers, you've gotten ahead of yourself, my friend. You're in my next class, as you're a third year now." Jake explained, giving the boy a small smile. I hope to see you there though!"

After the Hufflepuff had been sorted to the right class, Jake turned his attention to the rest of the class. "Okay, ladies and gentlemen, today we will be practicing the tickling curse. Anybody know any facts? One each, lets see what you guys know!"

Back to top Go down
Skye Summers
Unsorted
Skye Summers

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:04 am

Skye looked at his schedule,
"Oh, I think my schedules wrong then," he showed it to the professor, "what time should I come back?"
Skye's hair changed red as he blushed, way to mess up on the irate day, he berated himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:07 am

"Oh, I think my schedules wrong then," he showed it to the professor, "what time should I come back?"

Jake took the boy's schedule, and pointed to the empty block just after this class. "Your timetable has been misprinted, but not to worry. Just move this class back two hours and your schedule is right."

Noting the boy's blush, Jake gave him a reassuring smile. "No harm done, Skye, these things happen." He assured the Hufflepuff, knowing that it wasn't the boys fault, but the administration department.

Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptySat May 03, 2014 7:37 am

"Hi Violet"

"Hello," she replied simply. She wasn't bothered today to make small talk. She listened with Skye's misunderstanding of his timetable with no particular interest. She just wanted to get on with the lesson.

"Okay, ladies and gentlemen, today we will be practicing the tickling curse. Anybody know any facts? One each, lets see what you guys know!"

"It tickles people," Violet stated the obvious, smirking slightly "And the incantation is Rictusempra, I believe," she added. A curse which wasn't as violent, or painful as Violet would have liked to learn, but it'd do for the first day back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptySun May 04, 2014 11:12 am

"It tickles people," Violet stated the obvious, smirking slightly "And the incantation is Rictusempra, I believe,"

"Right you are, Violet, take five points for Hufflepuff." Jake replied, knowing that the witch thought it okay to be slightly arrogant in her reply. "The tickling curse isn't the most violent of spells you will learn in this classroom, but it is definitely useful, so please don't underestimate it's capabilities. To perform the spell you need to make a feather like shape with your wand."

With that, Jake looked over his class and spoke once more. "Tristan, please partner Natasha. And Violet, you'll go with Charlene. I want you to take it in turns to cast the spell at each other. Do not block to begin with, let the spell hit you so that you are familiar with the effects. When you're ready, please begin."

Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptyThu May 08, 2014 8:18 am

Following Jake's instructions, Violet made her way over to the girl, Charlene, taking out her wand. "C'mon, let's get to it," she said with her usual monotone voice. She didn't have patience for introductions. She didn't particularly like partner work, unless it was the duelling sort. She supposed this was the tiniest bit like duelling though, only instead of using things like knockable jinxes and (a more unethical spell) through which she produced a snake and used her talent of parseltongue to coax it to biting someone, she was tickling them. Tickling wasn't her style at all, so she naturally wanted to get it over with as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Natasha Stonem
Ravenclaw Third Year
Ravenclaw Third Year
Natasha Stonem

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptyFri May 09, 2014 7:34 am

Natasha listened intently to Jake's instructions. And when given the wording to begin, Natasha walked over to Tristan, who she had been partnered with for the activity "So, do you want to go first or shall I?" she asked him politely, drawing her wand "I can go if you like," she added with a small smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 12:22 pm

OOC Note: As Charlene and Tristan have decided not to post, Violet and Natasha can work together.

I know both characters are one handler, so you may use one of them to complete the posting if you want to kind of one shot it.

Should Tristan/Charlene turn up - please work as a three.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:59 pm

Listening to Jake's instructions, he frowned slightly. He'd never been tickled before and was unsure as to how he'd react. Looking around, he didn't move, not knowing the people with whom he was partnered with. A Ravenclaw girl approached him and he gave her a tiny smile.

"So, do you want to go first or shall I?" she asked him politely, drawing her wand "I can go if you like,"

"I'll go first," he said softly. At least if he went first, he'd know what to expect from the spell. He stared blankly at her for a few seconds before realizing what he was meant to do. Blushing, he fumbled around for his wand, finally locating it and removing it.

Taking a few steps back, he pointed it at Natasha and muttered a half-hearted, "Rictusempra," tracing a feather in the air. He waited a few seconds but there was nothing indicate the spell had worked. Swallowing and trying to focus, he increased his volume and tried again. "Rictusempra!" This time, a silverish light sped towards his opponent and he waited for something to happen.
Back to top Go down
Natasha Stonem
Ravenclaw Third Year
Ravenclaw Third Year
Natasha Stonem

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptyWed May 21, 2014 8:12 am

"I'll go first,"

"Okay," she replied and waited while he fumbled for his wand patiently.

"Rictusempra,"

"You've got to try a little harder than that," she encouraged him and waited while he gave it another go. The second time worked, and she didn't even try to block it. The spell hit her stomach and she started giggling, doubling over to stop herself from being tickled, but it wouldn't stop. She could feel her stomach beginning to ache and tears from her eyes from the laughter "St-stop now," she said through her laughter.

Violet moved over to the other pair, wanting to get it over and done with quickly. She already had her wand out "Hey, I'm working with you guys," she stated "I'll go next,"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptyMon May 26, 2014 7:16 am

He watched, with a mixture of awe and confusion, at her laughing. When she finally had asked him to stop, he froze for a second, forgetting for a brief moment how to undo the spell, before it came to him and he flicked his wand, lifting the spell. "A-are you o-okay?" he asked, worried that he had hurt her. Then, the girl he had met by the lake had approached them, and he gave her a tiny smile.

"I'll go next,"

Before he could acknowledge it, she had already cast the spell, hitting him on the first try. The effects send him into fits of laughter, and he clutched at his side, trying to get rid of the strange sensations that were poking and prodding him. Now he knew exactly what tickling felt like, and he knew that he didn't like it. "S-s-stop," he cried, trying to stay upright.
Back to top Go down
Natasha Stonem
Ravenclaw Third Year
Ravenclaw Third Year
Natasha Stonem

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptyWed May 28, 2014 6:02 am

"A-are you o-okay?"

"Mhm," she composed herself, a grin still on her lips "I'm great," She watched as Violet cast the spell at him.

It bought a smirk to Violet's lips when she saw her spell was working. Seeing the boy break into laughter, barely able to stand. She didn't relent though, even when he asked her to stop. It was just too fun to stop "Hmm, not yet. I need some more practise with it,"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptyWed May 28, 2014 6:29 am

Over his own laughter, he heart Violet's reply, and his heart sank slightly. How long would she let this carry on? Not being able to stay upright any longer, he collapsed into a heap on the floor, curling into a protective ball to try and subdue the feelings. But of course, it was a spell working and not human hands, and so that move did absolutely nothing to stop the tickles. "P-p-please," he managed to get out, but couldn't say anything else.
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptyFri May 30, 2014 7:04 am

"P-p-please,"

At this, Violet relinquished the spell "Only because you begged," she said to him.

At this Natasha stepped up "I believe that it's my go," she aimed her wand at Violet, who stood perfectly still, impatiently waiting as the Ravenclaw got herself ready. Natasha aimed her, and cast the spell. The first couple of tries didn't work (earning her eye-rolls from Violet) though, third time's the charm, and the spell hit Violet in the stomach. Violet doubled over, laughing as she was tickled. Natasha didn't hold it long before she stopped casting the spell "That was fun," the Ravenclaw girl said with a grin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptySat May 31, 2014 1:35 am

"Only because you begged,"

Finally, the sensations stopped and he lay there for a few moments, catching his breath before standing up and watching Natasha have her go on Violet. She stopped very soon after, and Tristan frowned slightly.

"That was fun,"

"I'm sure it was," he muttered, just as an idea struck him. He was indeed getting braver and braver, for, two weeks ago, he wouldn't have dreamt of doing anything like this. But he wasn't just considering it, he actually would. Pointing his wand at Violet, he said, "I haven't had my turn with you." Casting the spell at her, he stood back and waited, a small smirk on his face.
Back to top Go down
Violet Lynch
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Hufflepuff Fourth Year
Violet Lynch

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:47 am

"I haven't had my turn with you."

She saw the spell coming and ducked under the spell with a smirk "Better luck next time nerd," she said as she raised her wand back at him and cast the spell back at him. She didn't like people trying to take her by surprise. She didn't wait to see if it had worked before she picked up her bag "Got places I need to be," she said to Jake before she rushed out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:49 am

Jake watched as the final group practiced, everything was going so well until the Slytherin boy shot a spell without warning. As the retaliation came, Jake did a quick shield spell around the Slytherin, not wanting a fight to break out.

Before he could say anything, however, Violet was gone. Letting out a sigh, Jake took down the shield. "Okay everyone, that is all for today. I'll put your housepoints up soon. Thank you, and I'll see you next week!" Jake explained, opening the door for the class and ushering them out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)   DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2) Empty

Back to top Go down

DADA - Lesson 1 (Years 1 & 2)
Page 1 of 1